Field Service Technician
Reference No. CG- 17097
Our client, a leading provider of end-of-the-line packaging systems with over 50 years within Canada and globally, is seeking a Field Service Technician to support the Whitby manufacturing workshop to help expand the technical service force throughout the greater Toronto area in order to bring world-class service and quality to their customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform Field Service repairs and Installations of strapping equipment.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on equipment as scheduled.
- Provide customer training on the proper use of the equipment and its maintenance.
- Work closely with our customers to resolve machine performance issues and determine required services or repairs.
- Accurately evaluate problems and develop an action plan to make repairs to both mechanical and electrical.
- Prepare to have all necessary parts and tools available to perform the task at hand.
- Work closely with Engineers and report specific machine issues that might require changes.
- Ability to connect to and change PLC settings provided by engineers for Allen Bradley Control Logics and Siemens.
- Perform diagnostics utilizing test meters and hand tools to correct failures of equipment components.
- Maintaining control of your vehicle parts inventory, supplies, and tools
- Complete service call documentation using wireless devices. Perform exit meetings with customer staff on the work performed.
- Commute in company vehicles and at times long distances.
Team, Training, and Support:
- In-house training with continuous on-the-job field training with senior field staff
- Corporate expense account/credit card
- Company laptop, cell phone, and car.
- All required Personal Safety Equipment
- Company logoed clothing
- All supporting parts inventory needed for equipment maintenance.
- Company-supplied tools
- A strong working knowledge of the mechanical and electrical field
- Knowledge of PLC programming, hydraulic and pneumatic technology
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively use and read measuring instruments, such as multimeter, amp meter, micrometers, and calipers.
- Ability to establish effective rapport with all levels of employees and customers.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Competent customer services skills, with the ability to analyze the root cause and find permanent solutions to issues.
- Ability to engage in extensive customer interaction.
- Solid computer skills (MS Office Applications and Windows-based programs)
- Corrugated industry experience is preferred.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum 3 years of field or plant equipment maintenance experience
- High school diploma; Associate degree is an asset.
- A valid driver's license.
- Solid Mechanical / Electrical background
- PLC experience preferred.
Excellent Pay and Benefits package:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life and STD Benefits
- Retirement savings program
- Paid vacation and holidays.
This is a diverse workforce and equal opportunity employer that welcomes applications from all races and genders.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
If you have questions about this opportunity, contact Cassandra George, Senior Consultant at 647-888-5199 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Cassandra know.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email