Psychologist – Program Development
Reference No. CG-16436
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has exclusively partnered with The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH). CAMH is Canada's largest mental health teaching hospital and one of the world's leading research centres in its field. CAMH is fully affiliated with the University of Toronto and is a Pan American Health Organization and World Health Organization Collaborating Centre. As a CAMH employee, you will be expected to actively support CAMH’s teaching and research activities, in addition to supporting the clinical work of the hospital.
At CAMH, we strive to be an equitable and inclusive employer. Our commitment to equity is grounded in an institution-wide commitment to achieving a working, teaching, and learning environment that is free of discrimination and harassment.
CAMH actively seeks candidates from First Nations, Métis and Inuit, racialized and LGBTQ2+ communities, women, and people with disabilities (including people who have experienced mental health and substance use challenges).
The Complex Care and Recovery Program at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) is seeking a full-time, permanent program development Psychologist.
The successful candidate will support the development and implementation of empirically-supported, individual and group based interventions and treatments for clients from diverse backgrounds who may be suffering from mental health and addiction problems and who are detained under the Criminal Code or under the jurisdiction of the Ontario Review Board (ORB), and admitted to the CAMH Forensic Service.
The successful candidate will lead measurement based care initiatives, and program development, evaluation and research. You will support capacity building and inter-professional education, including clinical supervision of individual and group based practice offered by other clinicians in the Forensic Service, and provide training and supervision to doctoral level psychology students/residents and learners across disciplines. You will collaborate with inpatient and outpatient Forensic clinical services to develop and implement programming and therapeutic interventions that address risk and promote safe and secure recovery, as well as coordinate planning and service provision with other clinical services across CAMH to maximize patient engagement opportunities. Initially, a large part of the role will be focusing on Model of Care work, reorientating for safe and secure recovery and evaluating the interventions and structures put in place for the rehabilitation program. It is an exciting time to be a part of this team and the CAMH system.
This individual will report to Clinical Director (initial assignment) and the Chiefs of the Forensic and Psychology Divisions and will support a workplace that embraces diversity, encourages teamwork and complies with all applicable standards and regulatory requirements.
- The candidate must be registered, or eligible for registration, with the College of Psychologists of Ontario to practice Clinical Psychology
- Doctoral degree in Psychology combined with 3 years clinical experience.
- Extensive experience with empirically supported psychosocial intervention, including competence in cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) for psychosis, third-wave behavioural interventions (e.g. DBT, ACT etc.), and extensive training and experience in motivational interviewing.
- Experience leading measurement based care initiatives is required.
- Research and/or evaluation experience in applied clinical contexts is also an asset, and experience working with a forensic mental health patient population is strongly preferred.
- Will be required to provide training, supervision, consultation and support capacity-building initiatives.
- Bilingualism (French/English) and/or proficiency in a second language is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills and function well within a cooperative, collaborative working environment
- Ability for self-directed learning/working, while working concurrently on multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, seeking advice and support when needed.
- You must be able to work effectively in a wide range of settings with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- An excellent attendance record, consistency, and reliability should be demonstrated in your record of past employment and references.
This is a diverse workforce and equal opportunity employer that welcomes applications from all races and genders.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
If you have any questions, please contact Cassandra George, Senior Consultant at 647-888-5199 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Cassandra know
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email