Manager-Tax & Estate Planning
Manager – Tax & Estate Planning
Saint John, NB
Reference # HL-16407
Owens MacFadyen Group (OMG) is a boutique firm delivering Comprehensive Wealth Management services, primarily to private companies and professionals. Since 1995, our unique team-based approach has enabled our clients to achieve their personal and financial goals, for the benefit of themselves, their families, and their communities.
OMG is committed to its clients and its people. We will soon have 100 people across our four offices in Halifax, Saint John, Moncton & Toronto. We are growing and hope you are the right partner to support that growth.
As a result of our growth, we are seeking a technically strong Manager – Tax & Estate Planning to join our team, working out of the Saint John, NB office. Reporting to the Director, Tax & Estate Planning, the Manager – Tax & Estate Planning will be a subject matter expert and collaborate with Advisors and other planning professionals to provide clients with comprehensive wealth management solutions encompassing financial, tax, succession, philanthropic, will, estate and trust planning in connection with their overall wealth planning needs and goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare complex and customized financial plans for income, estate, and savings
- Provide advanced tax, estate, and income planning including commentary and awareness on emerging trends and/or new legislation
- Research situational tax, financial, and estate planning opportunities for clients
- Act as subject matter expert on organizational structure or restructure needs for clients
- Produce insights and commentary to legal documents (wills, trusts, shareholder agreement summaries)
- Communicate with clients and external consultants like accountants and lawyers
- Develop content in the area(s) of specialized tax planning for use as training material, internal resource material, and client-facing material
- Leads and/or participates in the development and presentation of materials to clients
- Collaborate with other departments and teams on various projects
- Other ad hoc projects as required
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Professional accounting designation
- 5+ years of progressive accounting and tax experience
- In-depth taxation course would be considered an asset
- Extensive knowledge and technical proficiency related to finance and tax planning strategies, issues and trends
- Superb organization skills to prioritize and manage competing priorities, leveraging sound attention to detail
- Ability to communicate complex planning ideas in a comprehensive and practical manner, including a strong understanding of client needs and expectations
- Effective communication and presentation skills, with ability to communicate at all levels in the organization
- Able to manage ambiguity. Strong prioritization, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Curiosity and an action-oriented mindset
We are looking for a motivated tax professional that wants to add value to a high performing team and build a career in wealth management. If that sounds like you, connect with us today for a conversation!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking ‘Apply Now’ below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email