Since 1989, the owners of Cresco and their team have built award-winning homes and communities across Halifax. The magic of this successful family-owned company is in its collaboration with customers, partners and a loyal network of builders and trades. Cresco is known for its relentless focus on quality and artistry in building homes and developing communities such as The Ravines of Bedford South and The Parks of West Bedford. Meridia Recruitment Solutions is pleased to be leading the recruitment efforts for our client, Cresco, looking to bring an Accounting Associate to their team in Bedford.
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Accounting Associate will be responsible for the accounts payable cycle, daily banking, and government reporting and remittances.
Responsibilities will include:
- Receiving, matching, coding, and posting invoices
- Payment approvals and cheque runs
- Vendor account reconciliations
- Preparing credit applications, as needed
- Fielding inquiries from vendors, as needed
- Receiving payments through AR
- Posting banking related journal entries
- Weekly bank reconciliations for multiple companies
- Preparation of HST returns
- Remitting all HST & Corporate Tax installments
- Preparation of T5018 reports
- Other related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in high-volume or multi-entity AP environment
- Experience with job cost coding
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines, while multi-tasking competing priorities
If you are an accounting professional eager to learn new skills and build strong relationships within a talented and innovative team, do not miss out on this opportunity! Connect with us to learn more or apply now.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email