Executive Assistant/Team Leader, Administrative Services
Hay River, NT
Are you an experienced administrative professional open to a move for an amazing adventure? Our client, Northwest Territories Power Corporation (NTPC) is looking to add an experienced Executive Assistant to the President and CEO to their talented team. Located in beautiful Hay River, NT, NTPC’s mission is to generate, transmit and distribute clean, reliable and affordable energy to the Northwest Territories.
The Executive Assistant to the President & CEO is responsible for providing direct administration support to the President & CEO as well as senior administrative support to the executives of NT Hydro and its subsidiaries.
Responsibilities will include:
- Is the primary point of contact for the office of the President & CEO and the Corporation in general; responsible for organizing, planning, participation, coordination of resources, and logistics of NTPC involvement in major industry and community events.
- Acts as a liaison between the President and Corporation staff in ensuring that information is disseminated Corporate wide. Acts as a facilitator in fostering better communication throughout the Corporation.
- Manages all aspects of President & CEO’s office. Working with the President & CEO, this shall include developing O&M budgets, completion of monthly variance analysis, purchasing, financial reconciliations, travel arrangements, expense claims, management of signing book and ensuring their calendar is kept up to date at all times.
- Arranges meetings for the President & CEO with various stakeholders in communities, coordinates tours and travel with Directors, Managers, and staff in communities (including purchasing and/or coordinating gifts of appreciation, booking excursions and charter flights, evaluating travel options for cost effectiveness and coordinating travel with divisional staff and work in communities, etc.)
- Other related support to the President & CEO.
- As a supporting member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), coordinates and ensures administrative support at all meetings, providing support and input where required.
- Coordinates all aspects of the weekly SLT Meeting (creates agenda tracks agenda items, circulates meeting‐related documents, attends weekly SLT meeting, records and circulates action and decision items, updates and maintains SLT workspace folder with all meeting‐related items, compiles, and monitors action item list on an ongoing basis.
- Other related support to the SLT.
- Manages all aspects of the Administrative Services Team. This includes but is not limited to approval of leave requests, timesheets, expense claims and financial reconciliations. Coordination, assignment and balancing of workloads amongst the administrative staff.
- Provides guidance and instruction on various procedures, policies and customer inquiries.
- Initiates and chairs administrative meetings with the NTPC’s administrative staff, sets the meeting and agenda.
- Participates in the recruitment of staff, prepares job descriptions, sets performance objectives, provides technical direction and advice, identifies training needs and the resources available to meet staff training requirements, monitors and evaluates the work and performance of staff, and promotes effective labour relations.
- Other related administrative duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-secondary diploma in business administration or other relevant discipline required, plus five years progressive senior management administrative experience required. Equivalencies may be considered.
- Support for C-suite / executive level positions would be an asset.
- One year supervisory experience would be an asset.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook) and highly skilled in Adobe Acrobat.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and manage change.
- Must have tact, diplomacy, be a self-starter and be able to multi-task.
- Must have excellent communication skills, analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Class 5 drivers license or equivalent is required.
- Must undergo a successful criminal background check.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, self starting, results-driven professional looking to fill an important, dynamic role in our client’s organization. If this sounds like you, connect with us to learn more or apply now!
Our client, NTPC, offers a comprehensive benefits package and relocation assistance will be provided.
Our client is an Affirmative Action Employer. Candidates must clearly identify eligibility status in order to receive priority consideration. For more information, please visit NTPC’s website here. If you wish to identify eligibility status, please indicate clearly in your resume and also please contact Sara Morey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email