Atlantic Acura is a privately owned and operated business and has been serving Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada since opening its doors in 1987. Located on the Bedford Highway in Halifax, Atlantic Acura is an award-winning dealership in both Sales and Service departments. We are excited to partner with them and lead the recruitment efforts for a Controller to bring to their team in Halifax.
Reporting to the Dealer Principal and General Manager, the Controller is responsible for the overall management of the accounting and administrative functions of the Dealership. The Controller will process and generate accurate financial data for all dealership departments and the dealer Principal/General Manager. The Controller oversees all accounting office and administrative functions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervise and prepare all financial information to produce an accurate and complete financial statement according to retailer's guidelines and the network's format and timeframe.
- Communicate effectively and clearly with the Dealer Principal, General Manager and other executives and department managers, all categories on the financial statement. Provide detailed and concise answers for all numbers on the financial statement.
- Monthly bank reconciliations. Regularly reconciles select schedules such as all car inventories, accounts receivables, car receivables, sublet accounts, reserve accounts, payable accounts, and warranty receivables.
- Administrative and payroll duties.
- Understanding of finance and lease contracts, after sale warranties, and CPO warranties.
- Ensure flooring is reconciled and paid per group/manufacturer policies. Understands all general ledger accounts required to record a car deal through to accounting.
- Working with the Service and Parts Department.
- Supervise and be responsible for all cash coming into the dealership and leaving the dealership.
- Work with reception to trouble shoot any out of balances, application of payments and reconciliation of customer accounts.
- Check monthly cash account to make sure it balances and to reconcile differences.
- Keep copies of overall capital expenditures. Prepare monthly spreadsheet and post depreciation.
- Timely submissions for HST, Source deductions, Corporate Taxes, RRSP payments, EHT and WSIB remittances.
- Some IT responsibilities will be required in this role.
- Other related duties as required.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-secondary education in accounting and finance. CPA designation will be considered a strong asset.
- Progressive accounting experience
- Experience working in a dealership will be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Payroll and payroll system experience will be considered an asset.
This is a great opportunity for an accounting professional looking to join a local, dedicated team of professionals! Connect with us to learn more or apply now.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email