Law Clerk - Insurance Defence
Law Clerk - Insurance Defence
Our client, global law firm with offices across Canada, is currently seeking a Law Clerk for their Advocacy group with a focus on Insurance Defence. The successful candidate will perform full clerical work of a responsible and confidential nature for one or more professionals.
- Initiates the organization of and manages files or parts of files, including requesting, indexing and organizing documentary productions;
- Calculates litigation time lines and ensures deadlines are met;
- Liaises with clients and professionals;
- Liaises with experts and prepares Expert Briefs;
- Drafts Court documents such as pleadings, Affidavits, Motion Records, Affidavits of Documents, Bills of Costs, Mediation Briefs, Pre-Trial Briefs, etc.;
- Reviews transcripts to summarize and prepares lists of undertakings;
- Follows up on answers to undertakings;
- Files and serves documents;
- Prepares charts, chronologies and summaries of documentary evidence including medical records for use on discovery and trial; and
- Provides litigation support prior to and during trials and hearings, including organizing attendance of witnesses;
- Any other duties as required.
- Law Clerk Diploma (or related post-secondary education) coupled with a minimum of five years’ experience, preferably in Insurance Defence;
- In-depth knowledge of legal terminology, principals, processes and the Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Knowledge of Litigation management programs;
- Excellent software skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Good keyboarding skills are required;
- Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner;
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment;
- Strong written, oral and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to multi task within a fast paced environment;
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset.
Employment Equity Statement
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the recruitment process.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Devyn Kelly, Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 647 480 1719. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Devyn know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are.
We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email