Job Title: Plant Manager
Location: Halifax, NS
Our client specializes in the wholesale supply of premium quality fresh and frozen seafood to markets around the world. They are committed to excellence in providing sustainably sourced and ethically harvested species. They continue to build on a solid foundation in the industry based on sustainability, quality, experience, and ethical conduct. Meridia is happy to partner with our client in their search of a Plant Manager (or Assistant Manager, depending on the successful candidate’s level of experience) to join their facility in the Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia.
As the Plant/Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for managing plant operations and ensuring the successful running of the processing plant. You will perform managerial and administrative duties in the office, such as scheduling and planning, while also providing support for the day-to-day operations on the facility floor.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Establishing and monitoring overall plant performance for production and quality standards
- Actively anticipating issues impacting production and troubleshooting in advance
- Setting a high standard for plant operations and holding the team accountable
- Leading an accomplished and experienced processing team, while ensuring positive and proactive working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Establishing, implementing, and ensuring adherence to required quality and food safety standards
- Ensuring quick resolution of any quality complaints in conjunction with monitoring quality compliance
- Upholding accurate, adequate, and timely production records
- Developing equipment preventative maintenance schedules and recommending the replacement of machines
- Promoting a strong health and safety culture via compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations
- Leading and participating in continuous improvement efforts to regularly identify and address production improvement and cost reduction activities
- Collaborating directly with leadership and human resources to ensure employee issues or concerns are correctly addressed and resolved
- Monitoring and controlling plant expenses and striving to maximize productivity and minimize costs
- Ensuring overall plant cleanliness and tidiness with a focus on ensuring the general safety of all employees
With experience in plant operations, preferably in the seafood industry, you are a skilled leader who is highly motivated by organizational success and is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence. Demonstrating superior communication skills, you can create constructive and positive dialogue with employees, suppliers, and leadership. You thrive in a team environment and have strong leadership skills, allowing you to motivate employees through your energetic and outgoing personality. You are willing to roll up your sleeves to make sure everything gets done, while ensuring the overall health and safety of the employees and the quality of the product being produced.
Your qualifications include:
- Proven experience working in plant operations required
- Demonstrated experience in a seafood industry would be considered an asset
- A minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Drive and ambition to empower and lead a team to drive profitable organizational results
- Willing to work flexible hours as needed, providing hands-on support as required
This is an excellent opportunity at an established organization that is close to the city of Halifax. You will have the chance to make a big impact as you will be playing a key role in driving the success of the organization. The impact you have on the business will be felt for years to come, and you will be able to see the difference you are making in the facility every day. Additionally, our client offers a competitive salary package, performance bonus, benefits, and a company vehicle.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Thomas Pugh, Partner, at 902-818-4506 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Emma Roberts, Sr. Recruitment Specialist, at 902-424-1104 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Thomas or Emma know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email