Quality Assurance Analyst
Reference # JG-17237
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with BF&M, a leading insurance provider with operations in Bermuda, Halifax and across the Caribbean, to recruit for their Quality Assurance Analyst in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
Founded in 1903, BF&M takes great pride in helping their customers protect what matters most, as well as giving back to the communities in which they work. BF&M is comprised of several companies selling health, life, pension, property and casualty insurance products.
Reporting to the QA Manager, the QA Analyst will participate in our infrastructure and systems development on small to large size projects related to insurance applications. Specifically, we are seeking a candidate that can further develop our test automation capabilities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development, deployment, and maintenance of test automation scripts for the purpose of regression testing
- Working with application teams, build and execute smart test plans to evaluate new features, enhancements and support tickets prior to a release into production in an Agile SDLC
- Contribute to pre-testing phase of development by evaluating user story requirements in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations
- Conduct all types of application testing as needed, such as system, unit, regression, security, performance, and acceptance testing methods
- Contribute to the overall testing strategy and test automation framework
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws
- Conduct risk analyses, verification, validation activities, and formal QA reviews, as applicable
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management
- Support new product development and continuous improvement by integrating quality control tools into processes
- Understand and utilize testing and debugging methodologies
- Assess application readiness – ability to document fit for purpose/objective
- Be the quality evangelist to cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices
- Minimum 5 - 10 years of direct work experience with QA systems, regulations, guidelines, and associated standards (and best practices) on both waterfall and agile approaches
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Technologist’s Diploma considered an asset
- Experience in automated testing and toolsets including front end test automation frameworks (UFT preferred, Java/Python with Selenium acceptable) and test management tools, ideally ALM
- Intermediate SQL ability (knowledge of DML, sophisticated joins)
- Experience with REST API testing (including tools like Postman)
- QA certification (ISTQB) an advantage
- Knowledge of cloud fundamentals
- Passion for product quality and direct knowledge of QA methodologies
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills for working with vendors, customers, and internal departments
- Practical experience with risk & change management and control plans
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to create and review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, source code and design documents
- Extremely detail-oriented and an analytical thinker
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
Who we are:
At BF&M, great talent is at the core of our success across all jurisdictions in which we operate. Key programs are dedicated to appreciating and developing our people through training resources, performance reviews, bonus awards, sports and social events and various opportunities to share knowledge with colleagues from around the world. We strive to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We offer flexible working arrangements with a hybrid model of working in the office and at home.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information contact Brooke Ireland, Senior Consultant at 902-421-1214. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Brooke know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.