Manager Of Financial Accounting And Reporting
Manager of Financial Accounting and Reporting
Fredericton or Edmundston, NB
Reference # HL-17236
Acadian Timber is a leading supplier of primary forest products in Eastern Canada and the Northeastern United States with approximately 2.4 million acres of land under management in New Brunswick and Maine. As one of the largest timberland operators in New Brunswick and Maine, Acadian has a strong track record of success and adheres to the highest standards of safety and environmental stewardship. Acadian’s business strategy is to maximize cash flows from its existing timberland assets while growing the business by acquiring assets on a value basis and utilizing an operations-oriented approach to drive improved performance.
Gain valuable experience and develop your potential working in a public company environment. This Manager of Financial Accounting and Reporting position offers the opportunity to play a key role as part of a highly skilled team and reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer. The corporate finance group supports all of the public company reporting requirements for the company as well as the operations in New Brunswick and Maine. The successful candidate can be based in Fredericton or Edmundston, New Brunswick.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the monthly financial close and prepare monthly internal reporting.
- Prepare quarterly external financial reporting including financial statements, MD&A and other public disclosures.
- Have primary responsibility for overall maintenance of the general ledger.
- Supervise accounting staff.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of the system of internal controls.
- Work closely with external independent auditors and assist in annual audit and quarterly reviews.
- Assist with preparation and implementation of annual budget and regular forecasts.
- Assist with corporate tax provisions and compliance requirements.
- Research and evaluate significant accounting transactions and implement relevant IFRS technical standards.
- Assist with other accounting and finance special projects.
The ideal candidate will posses:
- A recognized professional accounting designation (CPA).
- 5+ years of relevant experience directly related to the position.
- A solid understanding of IFRS.
- Be skilled in Microsoft Excel and other Office suite products.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills.
- Be detailed and results oriented with the ability to prioritize.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Public company reporting exposure.
- Experience with accounting software (Microsoft GP would be a significant asset).
- Experience with external relations.
- Experience in the forestry industry.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is a significant asset.
If you are ready to take on an impactful and challenging position in a growing company, this is the right opportunity for you. Connect today to learn more!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.