Senior Finance Manager, Corporate Reporting
Senior Finance Manager, Corporate Reporting
Our client, Clearwater Seafoods, is one of the world’s largest vertically integrated seafood companies with over 1,900 employees in offices, plants and vessels across the globe. The Canadian company operates from ocean-to-plate, owning its own fishing licenses, vessels and processing facilities, while also providing delivery to its customers worldwide. Clearwater is recognized globally for its superior quality, food safety and diversity of premium wild- caught seafood, including scallops, lobster, langoustine, clams, whelk, shrimp, and crabs.
Since its founding, Clearwater has invested in science, communities, people and technological innovation, as well as resource management to sustain and grow its seafood resource. This commitment has allowed the company to remain a leader in today’s global seafood market and in sustainable seafood excellence.
We are pleased to partner with them looking to bring a Senior Finance Manager, Corporate Reporting to their team in Bedford.
Reporting to the Finance Director, Corporate Reporting & Accounting, this role is responsible for the management of Clearwater’s financial reporting activities. They will lead, motivate, and develop a team of skilled professionals focused on the accurate, relevant, timely, and efficient preparation of financial reporting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage the Corporate Reporting team in the production of accurate, relevant, and timely consolidated monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and management reports.
- Preparation of detailed financial analyses to the executive management team related to monthly/quarterly results.
- Lead the Corporate Reporting team in the production of quarterly owner and lender deliverables within established timelines.
- Lead the coordination and consolidation of the Annual Operating Plan
- Lead the execution of the annual consolidated financial statement audit as well as the preparation and audit of statutory legal entity financial statements globally, managing relationships as the key contact with multiple auditors
- Build cross-functional relationships to promote alignment of strategic initiatives across teams.
- Lead business support for ad-hoc accounting and IFRS technical analysis.
- Establish and maintain global accounting policies, standards & documentation.
- Design and maintain an effective internal control environment for the Corporate Reporting department.
- Provide direction, effective management, and coaching/development of the Corporate Reporting team.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives, optimizing systems and processes to create capacity within the Corporate Reporting team.
- Support the Corporate Reporting team’s efforts for more insightful, relevant, and timely reports, including management reporting, shareholder presentations, consolidated financial statements, and statutory financial statements.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Professional accounting designation, CPA preferred
- 7+ years of progressive experience in financial reporting (IFRS) including complex accounting/analysis
- 5-7 years experience leading teams with the desire to seek continuous improvement
- Strong financial reporting skills, including: IFRS, consolidation and internal controls
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, primarily Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with financial systems, ERP systems and data warehousing (SAP is an asset)
The Senior Finance Manager, Corporate Reporting will possess key behavioural competencies (personal characteristics) that include: strong interpersonal and business partnering skills; detailed and results oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioiritze; strong problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis; highly organized, resolute, and dependable in achieving strict, recurring deadlines; strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate financial analytics in a clear and concise manner; and demonstrates a high level of initiative.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.