Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk
PSA Halifax Container Terminals are Canada’s Ultra Atlantic Gateway connecting us to more than 150 countries. With natural deep water, year-round ice-free access, and the capability to handle the largest vessels visiting North America’s east coast, PSA Halifax offers global carriers and logistics providers reliable operations, high quality services, and global supply chain solutions. PSA Halifax provides value-add services as well as efficient and flexible routing options for cargo interests with end-to-end connections in Asia, Europe and the Caribbean for the major cities in Eastern Canada, the US Midwest, and short-sea coastal destinations.
We are excited to partner with PSA Halifax in search of an Accounts Payable Clerk to join their team in Halifax.
Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, this role handles all aspects of accounts payable processing as well as assuming other finance responsibilities as assigned.
Responsibilities will include:
- Review invoices, receiving receipts, and purchase orders to ensure accuracy and approvals are complete
- Ensure the proper approval signatures are on the Purchase Orders and invoices
- Monitor emails and send out appropriate invoices to appropriate departments for approvals
- Complete EFTs, wires, and automatic debits. Match up EFTs, wires and automatic debits with invoices and file
- Enter Payables into accounting system
- Keep track of and ensure invoices are paid on time
- Respond to vendor calls and requests
- Set up new vendors in accounting system
- Monitor bank to ensure any charges are captured in accounting software
- Manage expense claim forms
- Visa reconciliations and approvals and expense reconciliations and approvals
- Keep accurate files of all payables
- Reconcile Statements from vendors
- Other related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Accounting diploma or similar preferred or 1-2 years related work experience
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and time management
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
If you are a motivated accounting professional looking to grow your career with a large company, this is a great opportunity for you! Connect with us to learn more or apply now.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.