Application Support Specialist
Application Support Specialist
Industry: Information Technology
Location: Mississauga (hybrid), Halifax (hybrid), Ontario (remote)
Reference # AY-17224
We are looking for an experienced application support specialist for our client, a leading North American processor and marketer of value-added frozen food. This position is a hybrid role based in either their Mississauga or Halifax offices. We will also consider remote applicants in Ontario. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
This role is responsible for the day-to-day operations, support, and maintenance of critical business applications. You will be a valued member of the larger IT Operations team delivering support to employees at all levels of the organization. You need to have experience with the JD Edwards platform and be capable of troubleshooting problems in a complex, multi-interface environment. You will be working in a team environment while interacting with many third-party service providers, across a broad landscape of application technologies. This position works very closely with other IT functions including Tier ½ Support, Business and Technical Architects, and project related resources.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Provide exceptional application support and maintenance to ensure IT Operations service levels are met in a 24x7 manufacturing and warehousing environment
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in JDE E1, including inventory and financial modules
- Experience with warehouse systems Korber, EDI, and RF applications
- Provides support for the resolution of software issues during and after regular working hours (on rotation)
- Required to participate in a rotational on-call model
- Required to oversee provisioning and troubleshooting of all E1 security and segregation of duties (SOD) requests, violations and mitigations
- Experience with Q Software is an asset
- Work collaboratively across the enterprise, especially with the broader IT team
- Prepares, improves and maintains documentation of all existing applications and business systems
- Independently work with many professional managed service providers
- Required to code, test, debug, and document application software using low level languages such as RPG, CLP, SQL
- Prepares, reviews and approves software developed by other team members/partners for implementation to the production systems
- Acts as the primary technical contact with customers, suppliers, or technical vendors
- University degree preferably in computing science or business with a major in information science or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years previous experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of JD Edwards applications and technical structure
- Experience with IBMi (iSeries) platform is essential
- Ability to effectively participate in multiple major projects or project roles at one time
- Ability to work with little supervision and effectively manage vendors/third parties
This is a great opportunity to be part of an industry leading CPG organization. This position requires exceptional problem-solving skills. In this role you must be analytical, curious, methodical, and detail oriented. You must be able to demonstrate skills in developing, documenting and maintaining application software on multiple platforms.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Ailie Young, Senior Consultant, at 416-230-9024 and firstname.lastname@example.org or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Ailie know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.