IT Support Technician
Reference # JG-17174
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with BF&M, a leading insurance provider with operations in Bermuda, Halifax and across the Caribbean, to recruit for their IT Support Technician role in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
BF&M takes great pride in helping their customers protect what matters most, as well as giving back to the communities in which they work. BF&M is comprised of several companies selling health, life, pension, property and casualty insurance products.
Reporting to the IT Support Lead, the IT Support Technician role provides high quality customer service to BF&M customers, addressing website support issues and other general business inquiries, while also providing helpdesk support for internal staff.
The ability to function effectively in a team environment is essential, coupled with a passion for customer satisfaction. The post-holder should be reliable and comfortable learning new technical skills while adapting quickly to a new environment and culture.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support internal and external customers; Escalate and transfer service requests and assignments to other teams based on expertise required.
- Manage and prioritize support requests from multiple channels regarding website report, general business queries, and technical end user support.
- Ensure tickets are assigned, actioned, and closed in a timely manner while managing customer expectations by providing regular updates whilst adhering to the appropriate naming conventions, categorization, and assignment procedures.
- Managing internal users in Active Directory e.g., adding, modifying, and removing users from groups and roles.
- Managing network file access permissions.
- Diagnosing general hardware, software, network, and systems issues.
- Proactively staying abreast of company policies and procedures
- Become familiar and collaborate with other teams/individuals in the business and IT, for appropriating transfer of workflow when needed
- Become familiar with BF&M structure, products and people to be able to assist with general business inquiries and escalate requests as needed
- 2-3 years of continuous hands-on experience working in a helpdesk environment, preferably with a strong focus on resolving IT related issues
- Proven success working in a service-oriented environment coupled with people skills and a customer service-oriented mindset
- Must have a strong focus on customer service and process improvement
- Must be capable of taking ownership of service-related issues and tracking to resolution
- Industry knowledge of financial services, healthcare, or another highly regulated environment would be desirable
- Good communication skills for liaising and communicating with both internal and external customers
- A high level of motivation and be self-directed together with strong problem identification and problem resolution skills in a breadth of subject areas
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Experience using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office 365 with emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint – experience with Teams is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows desktop operating system
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to the use of new applications in order to provide efficient end user support
- Strong PC hardware setup and configuration experience
- Ability to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and work under pressure
Who we are:
At BF&M, great talent is at the core of our success across all jurisdictions in which we operate. Key programs are dedicated to appreciating and developing our people through training resources, performance reviews, bonus awards, sports and social events and various opportunities to share knowledge with colleagues from around the world. We strive to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We offer flexible working arrangements with a hybrid model of working in the office and at home.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information contact Gauri Mohgaonkar, Recruitment Specialist or Brooke Ireland, Senior Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Gauri know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email