Director Of Operations
Job Title: Director of Operations
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Clayton Developments Limited has earned its reputation as the premier community developer in the Maritimes since 1959, having provided housing for over 70,000 people and generated over a billion dollars in developed real estate. As a subsidiary of The Shaw Group Ltd, they are part of a 160-year legacy in Atlantic Canada that is committed to making positive contributions to the communities and regions they operate in. As a Platinum Club member of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies, their integrity and leadership in the land development business are widely known. Their innovative and forward-thinking approach has been the key to their continued success and growth. Currently, they are seeking a Director of Operations to join their team in Halifax, NS.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Director of Operations will be responsible for managing an internal engineering team as well as external team of engineers, scientists, planners, and architects. You will strive to foster and maintain positive relationships and lines of communication with external approval agencies, municipal planning and engineering staff and stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading a high-performance team with internal and external team members while applying value-engineering and leading-edge community design principles
- Working closely with internal divisions to drive success at the one Shaw initiative while managing a team in a wide variety of infrastructure planning, design and construction management settings.
- Providing financial and budget expertise at all levels of land and site development projects
- Working with the Shaw Real Estate Development team and maintaining superior relationships with external approval agencies, municipal staff and community groups
- Providing detail design expertise, and hands-on project management throughout the lifecycle of land and site development projects
With extensive experience and knowledge in land development, you possess expertise in value-engineering and innovative design principles, continuously seeking opportunities to enhance your own skills and those of your team. What truly sets you apart is your ability to identify the underlying business considerations of each project, and your capacity to optimize value in all aspects of detail design and construction.
Your qualifications include:
- A degree in Engineering from a recognized university as well as Business training with a key understanding of finance, estimating and budgeting
- 10+ years of progressive experience in site and land development project management and design as well as demonstrated business leadership skills with a strong technical background in both construction and land development
- Experience using Auto Cad Civil 3D and project management tools
- You have strong team leadership skills in an entrepreneurial environment
- Highly driven, and motivated to perform you are goal oriented and strive to achieve personal and professional goals
- Strong technical experience grounded in a business mindset with an ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Naturally you have strong interpersonal skills and aptitude for public speaking and have demonstrated that you are a great communicator no matter who you are talking to.
- Valid Driver’s License with the ability to travel autonomously to different sites
As a valued member of this ever-evolving organization, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact as a key contributor. As the Director of Operations, you will be integral in executing operational initiatives, and you will be able to directly witness the positive results of your efforts. You will be given the autonomy and flexibility necessary to develop and lead your team to success, while providing the support and resources you need to thrive. In recognition of your experience and expertise, you will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as ample opportunities for professional growth and advancement in your career.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and email@example.com or Emma Roberts, Senior Recruitment Specialist at 902-424-1104 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Emma know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email