Senior Corporate Accountant
Senior Corporate Accountant
Founded over 55 years ago, the Seaboard Transport Group is a privately held organization comprised of numerous transport brands across Canada and the United States. Seaboard is a recognized leader in the Bulk Truckload Industry and the recipient of numerous awards for Customer Service, Safety, and Innovation. The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies has grown by providing excellent service to clients in both the petroleum and chemical industries.
The Seaboard Transport Group of Companies uses continuous improvement ideologies and industry-leading in-truck technology to ensure they consistently deliver reliable and sustainable service. It is their commitment to transportation excellence that has fueled their growth to become one of North America’s largest leading bulk carriers.
On behalf of the Seaboard Transport Group, we are leading the search for an experienced accounting professional to join their team in Dartmouth as a Senior Corporate Accountant.
Responsibilities will include:
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations that tie into the general ledger.
- Aid in the monthly consolidation process.
- Treasury duties as required.
- Prepare monthly fuel audits for various sectors of the company.
- Provide information and analysis to operational groups as needed and requested.
- Help with inquiries on budgeting and forecasting support.
- Assist with various accounting projects and initiatives.
- Provide assistance with inquiries from internal and external customers and vendors as needed.
- Developing ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Special projects and other responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years of accounting and finance experience.
- Post secondary education in accounting, finance or related field.
- CPA designation would be considered an asset but is not required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to deal proactively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a talented, dynamic team here in Nova Scotia. Connect with us for more information or apply now.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.