Payroll & Benefits Adminstrator
Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Windsor Junction, NS
Reference # HL-17011
Marid Industries is a privately owned custom manufacturing business based in Windsor Junction, just outside of Metro Halifax. Marid is a full-service contractor unlike many companies in the structural steel business. Marid is a fabricator as well as a construction company with ample engineering capabilities. Flexibility is a key Marid quality. No matter what the finished product – a simple utilitarian warehouse, a modern school, or a complex finished public space – the required skill sets are available with the Marid Industries organization. We are committed to supporting and challenging our employees to be the most capable, competent, and well trained in the industry.
We are excited to partner with Marid in seeking a Payroll & Benefits Administrator to join their tight-knit and professional team. This is a 14-month term with potential to become permanent as the company continues to grow and have additional needs. Reporting to the Manager of Finance & Administration, the role is primarily responsible for ongoing processing, maintenance and housekeeping of all payroll and benefits.
Responsibilities will include:
- Payroll processing, including timesheets, expense forms, new hire documentation, and review and audit preliminary registers, etc.
- Accurately processing and distributing Records of Employments and ensuring no discrepancies.
- With organizing and time management abilities, diligently work to ensure that all payroll spreadsheets are updated including the payroll remittances, GL Summary & expenses, shop hours, WCB and garnishment spreadsheets.
- Reconcile and process monthly payments for WCB, NL HAPSET, garnishments, and union remittances.
- Electronically file with Revenue Canada once preparing and reviewing and distributing T4’s and T4A summaries.
- Handle benefit policies and determine payroll deductions if necessary.
- Provide administrative support as requested.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-secondary education in related field such as business administration, accounting, or payroll.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification considered an asset but not required.
- Experience in related fields as a financial clerk or payroll role(s) considered an asset.
- Aptitude with Jonas software is considered a strong asset.
- Proficient in ERP or MRP and Microsoft Office, specifically excel.
- Capability to handle strict confidentiality.
- A team player who meets deadlines and enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
If you are ready to join a thriving, privately owned business, this could be a great opportunity for you. Connect with us today for a confidential conversation or apply online below.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.