Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Prestige Homes, a Shaw Group company, to recruit an HR Generalist to join their team in Sussex, New Brunswick.
Our client, The Shaw Group Ltd. Is one of Eastern Canada’s leading natural resource manufacturers and community real estate developers. Privately owned by their employees, The Shaw Group serves the construction industry with more than 1,000 individual products manufactured in 12 facilities across the Maritimes, and is quickly becoming one of the largest builders of single-family homes and multi dwelling units in the region. With a rich 160-year history, our client has a reputation for reliable products, strong leadership, and innovation. The Shaw Group puts a strong focus on providing a work environment that recognizes individual and team achievements and is deeply committed to making a positive contribution to the communities and regions in which they operate.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, with a dotted line to the General Manager of Prestige Homes, the incoming HR Generalist will provide ongoing employee relations support, contributing to an environment where individuals and teams can thrive and deliver high performance. The HR Generalist will work as a business partner with the leadership team supporting the day-to-day operations of the business, while ensuring that programs and initiatives are being successfully executed in alignment with local, divisional, and corporate human resources strategy.
By joining The Shaw Group, you will be part of an industry-leading organization in the Maritimes. You will work for a team-oriented and collaborative organization that understands the importance of investing in and developing their people. In this role, you’ll own day to day HR functions, enhance existing programs and procedures, and be part of the innovative team that continues to push The Shaw Group forward. In return for your skillset and expertise, you will be offered a competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as several personal and professional development opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Owning, and executing full-cycle recruitment as per The Shaw Group process and policy, collaborating with departmental managers to ensure an understanding of workforce requirements across all divisions;
- Conducting and/or co-facilitating new hire orientation to ensure successful onboarding of all new hires;
- Providing coaching to leaders regarding reinforcing goals and/or any issues related to employee performance and productivity, preparing letters of discipline as required, and supporting the overall performance process to promote positive outcomes;
- Responding to a variety of employee inquiries within a timely manner, providing guidance and recommendations, and redirecting or escalating as needed;
- Assisting with the administration of payroll, and the company benefits package;
- Formulating data analytics reports, and presenting to leaders in support of business reporting, planning and workforce management;
- Ensuring HRIS and employee files are accurate and current at all times;
- Monitoring, reviewing and updating all HR policies, ensuring they are in line with current legislation, and consistent across the organization;
- Maintaining knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
As the ideal candidate, you are a confident and self-motivated Human Resources professional with experience in recruitment and employee/labour relations. You thrive on building strong relationships, whether it’s on the plant floor or in the board room, and you’re passionate about aligning resources and teams to achieve business goals. You are a self-starter, with an unwavering drive to deliver results, and a natural ability to prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple activities within a dynamic organization.
Your qualifications include:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, or a business-related field;
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Human Resources role, with experience in recruitment and employee/labour relations;
- CPHR designation or equivalent is an asset;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS programs, previous experience using Ceridian Dayforce would be considered an asset;
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
- A high level of integrity, with the ability to navigate sensitive issues and conversations within a professional environment;
- A self-motivated individual that can work well both independently and as part of a team;
- Approachable demeanor, with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people at all levels of the organization;
- Access to a personal vehicle, with a valid drivers-license, and the ability to travel throughout New Brunswick and Nova Scotia when required.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Kyle Armstrong, Recruitment Specialist at 709-383-1328 and email@example.com or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Kyle know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.