Electronic Test Technician
Job Title: Electronic Test Technician
Location: Hacketts Cove, NS
Nautel is a global leader in the design, manufacturing, sale, and support of high-power radio frequency (RF) products for AM and FM radio broadcast, navigation, and industrial applications. With over 14,000 customers in 177 countries worldwide, Nautel is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of broadcast transmitters. Dedicated to innovation, Nautel continues to experience significant growth as it delivers world class RF amplifier solutions that meet stringent quality standards at its Canadian and US ISO-registered manufacturing facilities. Partnered with Meridia, Nautel is seeking an Electronic Test Technician to join their team in Hacketts Cove, Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Final Test Supervisor, you will work with a small team to ensure AM/FM transmitters are meeting product standards and specifications before they are sent to clients around the world. You will run tests to check product quality and troubleshoot any issues that may be found. All testing and troubleshooting performed will then be logged to provide detailed and accurate records for future use.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring Nautel product complies with electrical/functional test specifications
- Testing, troubleshooting, and repairing of AM/FM transmitters. Navigational systems, Digital Radio & associated equipment
- Leading or assisting on the development of required test solutions to aid in the efficiency of test
- Developing, documenting, and maintaining test fixtures
- Assisting Engineering in product verification and other projects
- Using safe work practices for electronic equipment
- Using safe ESD practices
- Documenting all non-conformances and troubleshooting activities
- Assisting in test equipment/tool repair and calibration
- Interfacing with customers during factory acceptance testing
- Following technical instructions and interpreting test data
- Driving continuous improvements.
- Communicating status and activity to internal customers
- Entering data into electronic database
- Creating and maintaining test procedures and other technical documentation
- Using electronic task prioritization and management systems
You have a diploma as an Electronic Technician/Technologist, or a technical diploma in a related field. Your education and experience have ideally given you exposure to working with high voltages (208V- 600VAC); analog, digital, and power electronic circuits and systems; and RF systems (MF, HF, VHF), as well as using electronic test equipment and testing/troubleshooting to the component level. Safety is a number one priority to you, and you couple this with strong problem-solving and communication skills, and an ability to work in a team or independently.
Your qualifications include:
- Diploma as an Electronic Technician or Technologist, or other relevant field
- Experience using electronic test equipment (e.g. Oscilloscopes, Multi Meters, Spectrum & Network Analyzers)
- Ability to work on your own initiative and also operate well within a team environment
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn and work across different areas of responsibility
- Able to troubleshoot and provide solutions to problems
- Willing to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities
Although not a requirement for this role, it would be an asset if you have had:
- Prior experience or responsibility for developing solutions and leading the implementation of these, including jigs and fixtures and those involving automated programs such as NI LabVIEW
- Prior experience in the development and implementation of test procedures
Nautel develops cutting edge technology in a collaborative team-based environment that encourages new ideas and innovative thinking. At Nautel, you will have the opportunity to contribute to exciting and varied projects from interesting clients all over the world, for example: Europe’s most powerful radio transmitter was retrofitted using Nautel’s technology. Your success will be supported, and as you gain experience and knowledge, you will be able to shape your responsibilities, as well as develop into other roles within the organization. With the leadership team based here in Nova Scotia, you will be joining an organization that celebrates its history while looking to the future to continue their success. A successful candidate would enjoy a competitive benefits package and salary as well as the employee development and growth that Nautel promotes.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Emma Roberts, Sr. Recruitment Specialist at 902-424-1104 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Emma know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email