Senior Manager Corporate Accounting
Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting
Reference # HL-16830
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with High Liner Foods to recruit a Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting to join their team in Halifax, NS. High Liner Foods is the leading North American processor and marketer of value-added frozen seafood. With strong relationships with every major supermarket chain, club store and foodservice distributor in Canada and the U.S, High Liner Foods has a broad portfolio of recognized, trusted brands shaped by consumer insights and complemented by an unwavering dedication to providing excellent service and consistently superior customer satisfaction. The Company began in 1899 with the founding of W.C. Smith & Company, a salt fish operation located in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.
The Sr. Manager, Corporate Accounting shall be responsible for assisting the Corporate Controller with managing the corporate accounting function of High Liner Foods and will work with the Controller to provide accurate information including analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparing financial reports. The Sr. Manager, Corporate Accounting will aid the Controller in directing and managing the company's corporate accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures, preparing financial statements and reporting to top management and externally.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the corporate accounting operations
- Payroll department oversight
- Corporate tax oversight
- Fixed asset oversight
- Oversight of the company’s general ledger
- Oversight of the company’s budgeting and forecasting processes
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Work with Corporate Controller and operations to define, measure, analyze, improve and control current processes which impact customer quality and influence internal operating efficiency
- Prepare and present financial information for quarterly and annual reports
- Support new systems or project selections and implement them from a strategic finance and internal control perspective
- Other related tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
- University degree in Business/Accounting, with advanced degree or professional accounting designation preferred
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management
- Proficient communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills are vital to the role
- Management and or supervisory experience
- Knowledge of ERP computer systems an asset, specifically Enterprise One
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the work at hand
If you are an accounting professional looking for a dynamic role with a talented team here in Nova Scotia, connect with us for more details or apply now.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email