Legal Assistant, Litigation
Legal Assistant, Litigation
Our client, a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East, and Asia is currently seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to work within a team environment primarily practicing in litigation matters. The successful candidate will perform full legal administrative work of a responsible and confidential nature for one or more professionals.
- Organize and expedite the flow of work through the professional's practice, initiating any follow-up action as appropriate.
- Proficiency operating in an electronic and paperless environment.
- Accurately prepare legal documents and correspondence with minimal direction.
- Transcribe and type legal documents and correspondence.
- Liaise between the legal professionals and various internal and external individuals, groups, and clients at all levels.
- Work proactively in the day-to-day support of the professional's practice.
- Use initiative and good judgement to relieve the professionals of administrative detail.
- Administrative Assistant or Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma coupled with a minimum of three years’ experience working in a litigation role would be preferred, however equivalent experience and/or education would be considered.
- Experience in patent and/or trademark prosecution files would be considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Good keyboard and typing skills are required.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a professional demeanour.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Thorough, conscientious, and strong proofreading skills.
- Ability to independently learn and use electronic tools, systems, and applications.
- Bilingualism (French/English) would be considered an asset.
Employees of this firm benefit from a hybrid work environment.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements? If you are excited about this opportunity but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Employment Equity Statement
Our client is committed to ensuring that all its employees feel valued, respected, and supported.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Devyn Kelly, Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 647 480 1719. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Devyn know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are.
We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email