Legal Assistant, Litigation
Legal Assistant, Litigation
Our client, a prominent Canadian business law firm, is looking for a Legal Assistant – Litigation to support a very busy practice who will contribute to the overall excellent level of service provided to their clients. The ideal candidate should have strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. The successful candidate should have the capacity to perform duties with speed and accuracy with strong attention to detail. This is a good position for you if you’re a self-starter with excellent writing and communication skills and a professional attitude.
- Manage the daily operation of an extremely busy legal practice with a primary focus in Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Prepare, edit, and complete all necessary correspondence and documentation
- Assist with the finalization of various litigation documents for Civil, Commercial, Divisional and Court of Appeal including but not limited to: motion records, pleadings, notices, affidavits, affidavits of documents and bill of costs
- Produce the highest quality of work
- Handle daily administrative details
- Manage duties related to accounting
- Accountable for all work assigned
- Arrange meetings
- Calendar management
- Take initiative
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a Legal Assistant in Litigation
- Successful completion of a related post-secondary Legal Assistant or Law Clerk program
- Excellent knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure
- Previous experience with Caselines and ACL
- Handle time pressure situations and stress of multiple demands
- Microsoft 365 suite of applications
- Ability to problem solve
- Good judgement and decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills
Not sure if you meet all the requirements? If you are excited about this opportunity but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Employment Equity Statement
Our client is committed to ensuring that all its employees feel valued, respected, and supported.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Devyn Kelly, Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647 480 1719. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Devyn know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are.
We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email