Director, Business Development
Director, Business Development
Ivey Business School at Western University
Reference # MG-16674
The Ivey Academy at Ivey Business School is Canada’s leader in leadership education and professional development, ranked #1 in Canada and one of the top providers globally by Financial Times. They work with organizations in business and government around the world to develop their leaders, build leadership capacity, and drive strategic change. Ivey’s approach is deeply experiential, grounded in real-world business cases, and facilitated by top Ivey Business School faculty. Their commitment is meaningful, enduring, and measurable behaviour transformation.
Now, on behalf of Ivey Business School, we are recruiting a Director, Business Development to join their distinguished institution. The Director of Business Development is a senior role within the Business Development team responsible for sales, establishing new relationships with the Corporate Learning and Development community, and the marketing of custom and open enrollment programs. The primary purpose of this role is to expand revenues and profitability through an extensive and existing network of L&D professionals and by developing new relationships.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Developing and implementing an overall business development strategy focusing on identifying key strategic clients, attracting new business opportunities, and growing existing relationships.
- Leverage existing network, as well as seek out and develop new relationships, with senior level human resources and learning & development professionals with a goal of generating commercial activity for Executive Education within 12 months.
- Conducting needs analyses to recommend appropriate learning and development solutions that align with the organizations strategy and needs.
- Develop new business with clients seeking custom executive education programs, including helping the client define their learning and development strategy, developing and writing the proposal, and negotiating the contract.
- Orchestrate the development of proposals, contracts, and budgets for custom programs.
- Maximize the conversion rate from leads to enrolment in custom and open programs to meet and grow revenue and enrolment targets, contributing to achieving estimated overall revenue of $13.5 million.
- Leverage existing network and build new key relationships through networking activities and client calls with selected prospect companies, HR professionals, and senior executives.
- Serve as the primary interface between prospective clients and The Ivey Academy, building strong relationships with current and potential customers to ensure continuous future growth.
- Develop and implement client and sponsor follow-up activities including potential new business and ensure sales activity is tracked properly within Salesforce
- Work with the Director, Ivey Academy Programs & Business Development, and Faculty Directors, on the development of proposals including participating in identifying faculty involvement, program design creation and pricing while adhering to the Ivey Academies pricing/ rack rates/ discounting practices.
- Pitch new proposals to prospective clients, along with Ivey faculty members.
Ideal Candidate Skills & Experience:
- University degree, preferably in business administration or equivalent
- 10-15 years of sales and account management experience interacting with senior HR or learning and development professionals.
- Established relationships in the corporate L&D community at a senior level.
- Strong record of business development and account management through successful meetings and exceeding sales targets and/or relationship management.
- Experience with Salesforce.com system or another CRM database
- Strong client focus with an ability to establish strong relationships with clients and vendors, and a desire to achieve results is essential
- Influential interpersonal skills that build positive and strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- High degree of professionalism with outstanding ability to work effectively and efficiently with internal and external clients at all levels of management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence dealing with all levels of an organization
- Ability to provide solutions by using imaginative approaches where constructive thinking and innovation are required
- Excellent strategic thinking and analytical skills and a proven track record of creating solutions that increase revenue
- Experience with the Ivey case method would be an asset
To express interest in this opportunity please apply by clicking the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Mark Gillis, Senior Consultant, at email@example.com or Natalie Lagace, Recruitment Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Mark or Natalie know.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Ivey Business School and Meridia Recruitment are committed to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. Please explore Ivey’s EDI homepage for more information on Ivey's commitment to EDI, to read about Ivey’s progress in the EDI Update, and to meet Ivey’s EDI Advisory Council members.
Ivey Business School and Meridia Recruitment invites applications from all qualified individuals. Ivey is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.