Manager, Internal Audit
Manager, Internal Audit
Headquartered in Dieppe, New Brunswick, the Irving Moncton Group of Companies has plants, terminals, operations and sales office throughout Canada and the United States. They are a dynamic, rapidly growing and successful group with diverse interests and are proud to be part of the larger Irving Group of Companies, a family-owned business whose commitment to quality products and services dates back 140 years.
We are excited to partner with them looking to bring a Manager, Internal Audit to their team in Dieppe.
In collaboration with the Director, Internal Audit, this role will develop and execute the annual Internal Audit Plan through the performance of complex assurance, forensic, and consultative engagements aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of corporate processes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Execute the annual internal audit plan by leading or conducting financial, compliance or operational audit projects including the examination and evaluation of the adequacy of internal controls.
- Identify improper accounting or documentation; research issues and make recommendations to improve policies or procedures accordingly.
- Coordinate and supervise internal audit-related work that is focused on data analytics and continuous controls monitoring.
- Lead discussions with the other internal audit functions at J.D. Irving, Limited with the goal of building a coordinated and integrated internal audit function.
- Build, develop, and maintain strong relationships with team members and senior executive management to encourage open dialogue and a collaborative approach to problem solving, continuous improvement, and corporate risk mitigation.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the function’s processes and procedures to enhance the speed and quality of audit output and delivery including increasing the use of data analytics in the audit process.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Degree in Business Administration with a major in accounting, or related discipline from accredited college or university, or a degree with sufficient courses in accounting and auditing.
- Professional accounting designation required.
- 7+ years experience (post-designation) of internal audit, public accounting, or related business experience, with a minimum of three years at the management level.
- Professional audit designation (CIA, CISA) would be considered an asset.
If you are an accounting professional looking to lead a diverse group of audit professionals, we want to hear from you! Connect with us to learn more or apply now.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email