Our client, an Accounting Firm in Burlington, is currently looking for an Intermediate Accountant to join their team.
- Provide high quality and timely Canadian and U.S. tax preparation and planning services to a portfolio of clients and internal staff
- Respond to various government information requests on behalf of our clients
- Serve small to medium sized companies in a broad range of industries on a variety of engagements including bookkeeping, compilations, and corporate tax returns.
- Manage concurrent engagements effectively, based on schedules and client requirements
- Ensuring client relationships, quality of work and deadline expectations are met
Skills, Experience & Attributes:
- Building towards a comprehensive knowledge of the CPA Handbook
- Continues to develop knowledge of the Income Tax Act relevant to client work
- Experience working with tax and accounting software (DT Max, ProSystems FX Tax, TaxPrep and CaseWare)
- Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve, attention to detail and adhere to internal quality standards
- Act with honesty and integrity, demonstrate ethics and respect for others throughout all aspects of work
- Integrity, leadership, teambuilding and supervisory abilities
- Take pride in the ability help clients achieve success
Education & Experience:
- 1-5 years or more of public accounting experience or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business Diploma &/or pursuing a CPA designation specializing in tax
Employment Equity Statement
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Devyn Kelly, Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647 480 1719. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Devyn know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are.
We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email