Director Of Financial Reporting
Director of Financial Reporting
Reference # HL-16741
The Armour Group Limited is one of the leading construction and development companies in Atlantic Canada. With its dedicated team of professionals, The Armour Group continues a proud history of creating a sense of place in Nova Scotia – carefully designing, developing, constructing and operating some of our region’s most iconic buildings. With more than 45 years of history in our region, this family-owned firm remains committed to a principled approach to development, ensuring that our buildings are environmentally sustainable and integrated into the communities they serve. If you share our values and would like to work with skilled professionals, Armour is presently seeking a Director of Financial Reporting to join our team.
Reporting to the Vice President, Financial Accounting & Treasury, the Director of Financial Reporting is an integral member of the management team. A senior member of the Finance Team, the Director of Financial Reporting will be responsible for preparing, reporting, and analyzing financial results of the organization. The Director of Financial Reporting will play a significant role in budgeting and forecasting, cash flow management and tenant cost reporting activities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership of the financial reporting process, ensuring timely and accurate completion of monthly consolidated financial statements.
- Ensure that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities set out by the organization.
- Responsible for continued performance and career development of team members.
- Provide strong leadership in the area of accounting and administration.
- Oversee payroll and benefits administration conducted by the Payroll Administrator
- Assist in the day-to-day cash flow management of the Company.
- Assist in the evaluation of joint venture financial results and performance.
- Review and be responsible for capital expenditure accounting and reporting, and prepare reports for each financing draw for ongoing capital projects.
- Lead upcoming accounting system upgrades and other efficiency initiatives, as determined.
- Coordinate annual operating statement audits for each building and, along with property accountants, lead reporting of audit results and adjustments to tenants.
- Research accounting implications and record appropriate disclosure of significant routine and non-routine transactions or other technical accounting issues.
- Identify and implement improvements to the overall accounting department process while maintaining strong internal controls.
- Ensure that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and GAAP.
- Coordinate the tasks required by employees relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from audit findings.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- CPA Designation.
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related function.
- 10+ years of accounting experience, with a focus on financial reporting.
- Proven ability to successfully lead teams.
- Experience in a real estate development and/or management company would be considered an asset.
- Capability and work ethic to manage multiple priorities in a diverse, yet demanding work environment.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to lead and manage projects as well as external vendors.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and a proactive approach to working with others and sharing information.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
The Armour Group Limited is a family business valuing a commitment to excellence, high performance, accountability, integrity, and teamwork. We are looking for diligent people to join our team who share our values, work ethic and passion for building community. The Armour Group Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email