AM - 16701
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with BookedBy, a quickly growing software as a service (SaaS) company to recruit an HR Generalist to join their team in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The successful candidate will be the first Halifax-based team member, and support BookedBy with their operational expansion into Canada.
BookedBy develops and distributes SaaS products for salons under the brand name SalonUltimate. From a single location to franchises with thousands of stores, BookedBy has fostered a team that is passionate about attending to the needs of its users and prioritizes client satisfaction in everything that they do. As part of a growing worldwide team, the incoming HR Generalist will be instrumental in getting BookedBy’s Halifax office off the ground and operating efficiently.
As a highly visible team-member, the HR Generalist will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). You’ll become the go-to team-member for all things human resources, and pioneer BookedBy’s employee onboarding processes. Additionally, you will manage BookedBy’s new office space in Downtown Halifax and lead recruitment efforts to grow the office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Leadership Team, help develop and execute HR processes including compensation planning, performance management, talent development, onboarding / integration, workforce planning, employee engagement and DE&I strategies;
- Serve as the first point of contact on employee relations issues, manage/handle issues as appropriate while communicating with leadership as needed;
Oversee office and operational responsibilities to ensure the newly founded Halifax office runs efficiently;
- Manage the recruitment of new BookedBy employees, and assist with the transition of existing team-members to the Halifax office from other countries;
- Oversee the documentation and record keeping of confidential employee data, keeping the system up to date with relevant employee information as well as immigration paperwork and other administrative responsibilities;
- Ensure compliance with applicable provincial, and federal laws;
- Establish relationships between BookedBy and local post-secondary institutions in the Halifax area, in an effort to recruit students and/or new graduates.
As the ideal candidate, you are a self-starter who is eager to make an impact on an organization. You are well-organized, flexible, and enjoy utilizing technology to help you work more efficiently. Working independently and having to create the path forward does not scare you, and you appreciate supporting a company of diverse and geographically dispersed individuals. You are excited about the opportunity to pioneer HR processes and policies within a technology start-up company and are also passionate about recruitment and immigration.
- Post-secondary education, preferably with a concentration in Human Resources, Business or other related discipline with relevant experience will also be considered;
- 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources including strong Generalist experience, IT or technology related experience is considered an asset;
Experience in full-cycle recruitment for technical positions including software engineers would be an asset;
Demonstrated experience implementing and promoting policies, systems and best practices in HR, fostering a positive, respectful, and inclusive work environment;
- Strong knowledge of current employee rights, laws, and regulations relevant to the position and concerning legal requirements regarding employment and privacy;
Previous experience, and sound knowledge of international recruitment and immigration processes and best practices;
- Entrepreneurial mindset;
Experience working with a diverse and geographically dispersed team would be an asset.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Kyle Armstrong, Recruitment Specialist at 709-383-1328 and email@example.com , or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Kyle know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email