St. John’s, NL
NH - 16661
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with Lindsay Construction, to recruit a Project Manager to join their team in Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador.
For over 60 years, Lindsay Construction has been responsible for some of the largest projects in Atlantic Canada and beyond. Sticking to their core values of building relationships, building communities, and building the future, Lindsay Construction has solidified their position as a leader in our regions construction industry. As a company of engineers, design professionals, contractors and managers active in both civil and building construction, they are committed to the people and communities they help shape by building the exceptional with integrity, quality and pride. Lindsay offers outstanding capabilities in Design-Build, Construction Management, General Contracting, Trade Contracting, and Service Work while building across the spectrum of civil, industrial, commercial, institutional, and special project construction, possessing a diversified capacity for projects large and small. A unique offering of specialized building systems includes Tilt-Up Concrete, Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings, Nuform, Conventional Steel, and Wood Frame.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Project Manager will oversee and provide project guidance on a variety of construction projects from start to completion. This includes recommending innovative ideas that will increase effectiveness and efficiency to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget as well as grow and maintain strong relationships with team members, trade partners, consultants and clients. Your financial management experience will be used to plan, manage and respect project budgets, costs and associated purchasing and your expertise in risk management will ensure any associated project risk is minimized.
By joining Lindsay Construction, you’ll be part of a proud local organization who has been enriching Atlantic Canadian communities one project at a time. As the Project Manager, you will have the ability to collaborate with an amazing project team of construction professionals, work on a variety of interesting and innovative projects, and more importantly you’ll work on projects that will impact the community beyond what is built. Lindsay Construction offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and an environment that promotes personal and professional development.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Provides overall contract administration, technical expertise, and support to a variety of construction projects ensuring the project is constructed as per design, budget, resources, quality, and schedule;
• Develops and implements the project safety plan and leads by example for health and safety practices and procedures;
• Manages project performance and providing performance status reports for safety, cost forecast, and schedule;
• Negotiates and issues subcontracts, major purchase orders and progress payments and monitors their progress and schedule;
• Understands, communicates, and enforces the contract and contract documents;
• Identifies and manages risk and opportunities on construction projects;
• Develops and coordinates overall project closeout.
As the ideal candidate, you are an energetic self-starter who enjoys a team focused and collaborative culture. You are passionate about how projects come together, using your construction and project management expertise to create solutions that are functional, safe, accessible, sustainable and meaningful. You take great pride in the quality of your work and have a strong commitment to ensuring projects remain on time and on budget. This is a great opportunity to work on projects that will have a real impact in the communities of Atlantic Canada.
• 3-5 years of experience running all aspects of commercial, industrial, and institutional building construction
• Post-secondary education in engineering, construction management or a related field is an asset;
• In-depth knowledge of construction detailing including building materials, construction specifications, construction law and building codes, and safety and quality management practices;
• Strong knowledge of construction and project methodologies, subcontract coordination, material procurement, financial management, as well as project management and scheduling software;
• Demonstrated leadership in Health, Safety and Environmental Protection on the project;
• Strong negotiation, time management, problem solving and organizational skills;
• Ability to communicate in an effectively with all stakeholders;
• Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Completed applications can be submitted by selecting the "Apply Now" button below. For more information, please contact Natalie Hand (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Meridia Recruitment connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our website: www.meridiarecruitment.ca. For information on opportunities with our parent company, Knightsbridge Robertson Surrette, visit www.kbrs.ca.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email