People and Culture Manager
People and Culture Manager
St. John’s, NL
Reference # NH-16654
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources the successful candidate for this position will have the opportunity to work within a supportive corporate culture within a dynamic and growing organization.
A true team player, s/he keeps collaboration at the forefront. Will support employee onboarding, training and development, performance management and the consistent application of human resources policies and procedures across all business units. Responsible for implementation of strategic talent management plans and actions for the company. With a focus on employees, collaborates with managers and stakeholders at all levels of the company to support the people needs of their current and future operations.
• Provide support and guidance on employee relations and team engagement.
• Takes a data-based approach to analyze organizational metrics and trend and providing insight and strategy for improvement.
• Support the strategic execution of human resources core programs, including but not limited to performance and talent management, recognition, training and development, orientation/on-boarding and organizational design, compensation and leave, disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations
• Research, develop, and implement diversity and inclusion initiatives and processes that establish and promote the company as an equal opportunity employer.
• Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures on a regular basis.
• Identify key performance indicators for human resource and talent management functions; assess the Company’s success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
• Support communications, documentation and procedures that drive the operations of the HR department.
• Willing to take initiative and create and take on new responsibilities as the Company continues to grow.
As the ideal candidate, you are a strategic professional recognized for your strong communication and relationship-building skills. A respected and trusted decision-maker you demonstrate empathy and fairness as well as aa keen ability to problem-solving.
• Minimum five years of human resource and strategic, talent management experience would be an asset. Experience in other functional areas strongly considered, including business, communications, analytics, retail management or similar fields.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Education or related field required; Masters preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; aptitude in public speaking
• Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• A team player able to work in a dynamic environment and can maintain professional and productive relationships with internal colleagues and external collaborators
• Strong project management skills and experience.
• Self driven leader with a high degree of empathy and compassion.
• A true coach, has worked with team members at various career levels, inspiring them to reach their full potential.
• A strong client-focused approach, ensuring Managers are equipped with the skills and tools to lead effective, productive teams and achieve a positive employee experience
• Analytical. Monitor all key performance indicators to optimize efficiencies
Completed applications can be submitted by selecting the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, contact Natalie Hand at 709.722.6925. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Meridia Recruitment connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our website: www.meridiarecruitment.ca. For information on opportunities with our parent company, Knightsbridge Robertson Surrette, visit www.kbrs.ca.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email