Director Of People & Culture
Director of People & Culture
AM - 16597
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with our client, Maplewave, an established software company to recruit a Director of People & Culture to join their team in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
As a leading telecom solutions provider, with best-in-class software, Maplewave provides premier digital solutions and consulting services for the telecommunications industry. Our client facilitates end-to-end telecom transactions in every channel. Their talented, global team delivers thought leadership and solutions that improve the way their customers do business.
Reporting to the SVP, Operations & Delivery, you’ll oversee all HR functions within the organization, providing day-to-day direction, coaching, and mentoring to management, staff, as well as the People & Culture team, enabling their success and happiness. As the Director of People & Culture, you will work alongside the Senior Leadership Team to cultivate and drive a people-first strategy, influencing the vision and strategic direction while fostering engagement, development, and retention.
By joining the team, you’ll have the full support from the Executive Team and be recognized as an HR Leader, providing advice and guidance to develop strategies to improve and enhance HR programs. You’ll be part of an organization with a portfolio of customers that span across the globe, with the ability to collaborate with individuals from all areas of the organization. Most importantly, you’ll make an impact on the long-term success of the rapidly growing organization. Our client offers competitive compensation, a benefits package and a fantastic culture that lives their core values.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop, implement, and lead people strategies and initiatives that drive and support organizational goals, objectives, and business results;
- Develop business strategies and contribute to operational and management decisions;
- Provide coaching, counseling, and conflict resolution support to the leadership team, managers, and employees;
- Maintain a people-focused approach to all functions of HR, through close collaboration and relationships with members of the organization;
- Lead employee engagement initiatives and processes, ensuring that all employees are given the opportunity to provide detailed feedback, using collected data to drive organizational change;
- Provide strategic direction on recruitment processes, suggesting opportunities for improvement, and assisting with ongoing efforts as needed;
Coordinate and oversee initiatives related to equity, diversity and inclusion;
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts across the organization;
Actively work with the leadership team to build knowledge, skills, and a pipeline of successors for key positions in the organization.
As the ideal candidate, you are a hands-on, people-focused human resources professional who can naturally deliver an employee-centric approach. You contribute positively to a culture that encourages innovation, collaboration, and transparency. You are a confident and energetic individual who invites others to be just as passionate about their work as you are. Your excellent communication skills will help employees to grow continuously through your unwavering support and positive interactions.
- 7+ years experience growing and managing multiple functions within HR;
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field;
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) or Certified Human Resource Leader (CHRL) designation is preferred;
- Ability to consult, advise, communicate, and work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders and communities;
- Demonstrated success in developing an employee focused culture, and executing on it;
- Previous experience overseeing and executing talent sourcing, cultural development, performance management, compensation planning, total rewards, and employee relations;
- An empathetic leader who values respect, doing the right thing, and collaboration, with an entrepreneurial mindset.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and email@example.com or Kyle Armstrong, Recruitment Specialist at 709-383-1328 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Kyle know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email