MetOcean Telematics is a leading global provider, designer, and manufacturer of satellite and cellular IoT-enabled solutions. MetOcean Telematics products span across ocean graphic & environmental monitoring equipment, defense, and security markets. For more than four decades they have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications, designed innovative hardware products, and created industry-leading software and situational awareness solutions. MetOcean Telematics ensures critical data is created, transmitted, received, processed, analyzed, and visualized in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere in the world.
Meridia Recruitment has partnered with MetOcean Telematics to recruit a Project Manager to join their team in Dartmouth, NS.
The Project Manager (PM) will primarily be responsible for multiple engineering development projects. Engineering Development Projects at MetOcean Telematics are highly technical. The PM must understand and participate in the engineering design processes and be able to lead a cross-functional technical team. The PM must understand System Engineering and the transition to production and guide the team through those milestones. The candidate should have experience with contracting processes and be able to guide a team through the proposal, estimating, contract negotiations and execution.
The PM will manage project performance including execution, financial objectives, risk management, schedules, and all other contractual commitments. The PM will interact heavily with the customer and supplier community across a broad spectrum of issues and must inspire confidence within this community that the Company's team/solution/approach is effective.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience successfully managing engineering development projects to scope, budget and schedule
- Strong understanding of electro-mechanical products, systems, and concepts of operations
- Experience leading new business capture activities and winning new business in a competitive environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or a related discipline (Master’s Degree in a technical field or MBA is desired)
- Ability to monitor, interact and course correct technical teams to support customer goals
- Good communication skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to multi-task, address multiple issues and set priorities
- Must be reliable, organized, flexible and detail oriented.
- Strong business sense to proactively identify and resolve problems and issues quickly and efficiently
- Effective written, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficiency with MS Office including MS Project
- 5+ years experience managing complex developmental projects
- Earned Value Management implementation and execution
- Experience managing projects using Jira
- Experience in Telematics
- Employer RRSP matching of 4%
- 100% Employer paid group benefits
- Corporate gym membership rate
- Generous vacation + personal day policies + paid time off over the holidays
- Training and development
- Monthly team building activities
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information contact Jessie MacDonald, Recruitment Specialist at 902-421-1214 or Jamie Grant, Partner at 902-420-1809. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jessie know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.