Job Title: Logistics Manager
Location: Cornwall, PEI
Since 1973, Bulk Carriers (PEI) Limited has been providing transportation and cold storage services to their wide array of customers within the agricultural, seafood, processing, and manufacturing industries across the Maritimes and beyond. Proudly family-owned and operated, Bulk Carriers/KelCold Storage has over 175 employees, an expanding fleet of over 100 trucks and 150 trailers, equipped with the latest satellite-tracking technology, as well as a 3.36 million cubic foot refrigerated warehouse and a 21,000 square foot refrigerated dock. Partnered with Meridia, Bulk Carriers is in search of a Logistics Manager to join the team at Cornwall, Prince Edward Island.
As the Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for mapping out the logistics and blueprints of Bulk Carriers transportation operations. You will play a key role in implementing a strategic approach to route planning to ensure the organization continues to offer high quality delivery and transportation services across Canada and the US. Additionally, you will develop and implement processes and systems to streamline the logistics department. Responsibilities also include gaining buy-in from employees and managing change while implementing new initiatives in the organization.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering solutions for logistics planning while maintaining a high level of service
- Managing a small team of supply chain professionals
- Creating new processes and systems to manage growing transportation needs
- Leading and directing the logistics and transportation departments to ensure timely delivery of products across Canada and the US
- Utilizing analytics to improve department efficiencies
- Developing and implementing a strategic approach to route planning
- Contributing to long-term planning initiatives in the logistics department to increase efficiency
As a logistics and/or supply chain professional, you have a wealth of knowledge in the field and are a leader for your team members. You have a demonstrated history of being able to drive change in an organization, as well as excellent planning abilities. Additionally, you are a highly organized individual, allowing you to be flexible and versatile when it comes to problem solving and decision making in a fast-paced environment.
Your qualifications include:
- Business degree with a specialization in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or a related field
- Five (5) years’ experience in logistics or transportation
- Proven strong technical knowledge of supply chain management
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven problem-solver with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Experience with TruckMate or Trimble is considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is looking to have ownership of a logistics department within a growing organization. For decades Bulk Carriers has been providing answers to client’s transportation needs and continue to offer high quality services to their clients. Combining great customer service with leading technology, Bulk Carriers PEI Limited are excited to welcome the next member of their ever-growing team!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Abbey MacLeod, Recruitment Specialist at 902-425-2265 and email@example.com, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Abbey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email