Job Title: Electronics Technologist or Technician
Location: Halifax, NS
Aethera Technologies Limited is an advanced electronic engineering company located in the Bayer's Lake area in Halifax. Their team includes leading experts in the field of High-Power Radio Frequency systems and leverages their extensive experience providing customers with innovative engineering solutions and systems around the world. By providing advanced radio frequency solutions for heating and wireless communications, Aethera helps their clients become leaders in their markets. Partnered with Meridia, Aethera is currently seeking an Electronics Technologist or Technician to join their growing team.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Electronics Technologist will assist engineering to build and test high power radio frequency electronics to meet customer, reliability, regulatory and performance requirements within budgeted cost and schedule. You will be a key member of the design team on Research and Development projects related to new products and customized systems.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and executing design verification testing, design evaluation, design margins and analysis of product performance to meet specifications at various electrical and environmental conditions
- Developing test procedures and test fixtures
- Recommending solutions to ensure that the designed product conforms to design requirements
- Mechanical and electrical assembly of engineering proof-of-concepts
- Assisting with low volume manufacturing including interfacing directly with suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Communicating directly with and supporting customers with all aspects of product lifecycle including requirements, installation, and service
As the ideal candidate, you hold a degree from an Electrical Engineering Technology program or possess equivalent knowledge, training, and experience. Your proficiency extends to a robust understanding of electrical theory, adept testing and troubleshooting skills, and expertise in electro-mechanical assembly. Additionally, your exceptional mathematical abilities set you apart. Eligibility for industrial security and compliance with the Controlled Goods Program requirements are essential qualifications for this role.
Your qualifications include:
- 3+ years of professional experience in a test or development environment
- Experienced in design verification and troubleshooting
- Familiar with relevant software tools including 3D Mechanical CAD and PCB Design
- Hands on experience with electronics manufacturing, testing and soldering equipment (including SMT) would be considered an asset
- Experience with Radio Frequency systems would be of benefit
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Able to travel within North America and abroad, if necessary
Aethera employs great people, celebrates diversity, and supports forward-thinking solutions based on passion, creativity, learning, and hard work. They work as a team, listen with an open mind, value new ideas, and promote open communication with each other and their clients. They are committed to the development and well-being of their staff, ensuring you will grow alongside them as they move into new markets and expand their operations. You will be able to take ownership of innovative and exciting projects, working with clients to implement game-changing technology.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Emma Roberts, Sr. Recruitment Specialist at 902-424-1104 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Emma know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email