Pension Operations Specialist
Pension Operations Specialist
Reference # HL-16509
Founded in 1903, the BF&M group of companies operates in Bermuda, Halifax and across the Caribbean. They take great pride in helping their customers protect what matters most, as well as giving back to the communities in which they work. BF&M is comprised of several companies selling health, life, pension, property and casualty insurance products. They are currently recruiting for a Pension Operations Specialist to join their team in Halifax.
The Pension Operations Specialist will research problems, plans solutions, and implement the corrections. The Pension Operations Specialist provides support to the Pension Operations team by performing detailed system analysis, financial calculations, and backend system updates. The successful candidate will be mining data from multiple source systems, manipulating that data via spreadsheet tools (such as pivot tables, vlookup, and power queries) and updating live production systems with the final calculated results.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and execute the annual customer portfolio rebalancing trade process as well as any fund switches that may occur as a result from investment reviews.
- Prepare, execute and complete a full reconciliation of the monthly, quarterly and annual fees; skillfully update multiple production systems to correct errors.
- Create the direct bill invoices that are to be submitted to Finance.
- Facilitate the posting of all newsletters and fact sheets to the to various platforms.
- Prepare and provide contribution schedules for the delinquent book of business when payments are received.
- Perform the monthly draw down upload process and assist in the draw down annual renewal process.
- Perform root cause analysis, monitor trends, and recommend controls and preventative measures to ultimately reduce the volume of issues with the use of financial calculations
- Investigate and providing timely feedback on unanticipated variances to ensure that issues are addressed promptly.
- Other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with in the Pension and Investment Industry.
- Proficiency in MS Excel (use of vlookups and pivot tables is essential).
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify and prioritize responsibilities and to drive them forward.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to take responsibility for your learning path and participate in a pro-active manner.
- Ability to thoroughly review data, processes and situations to identify issues and formulate alternative solutions.
- Strong commitment to quality and customer service with a positive attitude in a team setting.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Fulton Logan, Recruitment Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Fulton Logan know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email