We are pleased to be partnering with our client, a leader in their sector, looking to bring a Controller to their team in Halifax.
Responsibilities will include:
- All accounting operations, cash flow and regulatory reporting
- Oversee production of quarterly financial reporting for the ownership team and ensure timeliness and accuracy of all reporting
- Ensure adherence to accounting principles and legislation and compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Coordinate bi-weekly payroll processing through payroll supplier
- Maintain employee benefits
- Complete periodic bank reconciliations
- Issue timely and accurate financial management reports, including the proactive identification of reporting relevant to decision makers
- Prepare key financial key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Manage the production of annual budget and forecasting and ongoing variance analysis of budget to actual results
- Provide financial analysis as needed for cost pricing decisions and staffing
- Regulatory reporting to government
- Coordinate corporate tax filing and financial reporting review with accounting firm
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Accounting designation
- 5+ years of post-designation experience in financial controls
- Strong management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Exceptional computer skills, with an emphasis on Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work within tight deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
If you are an experienced accountant looking to join a growing, dynamic team of professionals, we want to hear from you! Connect with us for more details or apply now.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email