Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Our client, Graphite Innovation & Technologies (GIT), is a leading Canadian materials engineering firm focused on delivering disruptive uses for graphene technologies. GIT supplies the world’s most sustainable marine coatings to the maritime transportation sector. They are an innovation driven organization that is socially and environmentally responsible. Their team is proud to support marine transportation companies working to reach their greenhouse gas emissions reduction targets and unlock fuel savings across their global fleets.
Meridia is happy to partner with GIT in search of an Operations Manager to join their team in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the company, ensuring that business processes align with strategic goals of the organization and are ready to support growth. You will analyze the internal production operations, identifying and leading change on any areas where processes can be enhanced and implementing metrics that track team and process performance. Procurement, logistics, and sales will also be part of your responsibilities; developing and maintaining customer relationships, managing supplier relationships, and working to ensure products reach GIT’s global customers in a timely manner.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing company production, administrative operations, and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture that ensures team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Managing the execution of the Strategic Plan through ensuring production, product development, and testing remain on track
- Analyzing internal operations and identifying areas of process enhancement
- Managing discovery and application for potential technology funding sources and research partnership opportunities
- Coaching team members having supervisory or project management responsibilities by implementing effective personnel management practices
- Monitoring business performance, develop and establish appropriate key indicators, provide appropriate performance reports and forward-looking projections
- Implementing mitigative/corrective measures where issues are anticipated or identified
- Remaining curious, inspiring creativity and innovation within the team, and maintaining a deep understanding of technologies and industry as a whole
- Building and maintaining trusted relationships with key partners and stakeholders
- Leading and coordinating team efforts to meet recruiting goals
You are an experienced Operations Manager, with experience in an innovative, highly technical manufacturing environment. Your ability to build and maintain relationships and communicate effectively allows you to successfully manage suppliers, customers, and your own team members. You excel at planning to meet deadlines despite the variety and complexity a day can throw your way. Able to work well independently or as part of a team, you have an entrepreneurial spirit that means you enjoy seizing the chance to develop new business opportunities and allows you to lead autonomously when necessary and take accountability for the areas you manage.
Your qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Engineering or Business Administration, or a relevant field
- 5 years + of operational leadership experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and public speaking skills
- Proven strategic planning and budgeting experience
- Demonstrated experience setting, monitoring, and meeting quarterly and annual goals
- Experience building and scaling teams and systems
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a climate of deadlines, variety, pressure, and complexity
- Understanding of the dynamics of a fast-moving culture/small business
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Teams, Word, and PowerPoint
Graphite Innovation & Technologies is disrupting the marine industry by providing an innovative product that is ahead of the curve and in high demand both locally and globally. This role will give you the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of a growing company and as the organization grows, so too will your career. You will be able to work with customers that are located all over the world and in an environment that values the diversity of its team members.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and email@example.com or Emma Roberts, Recruitment Specialist at 902-424-1104 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Emma know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email