Saint John, New Brunswick
AM - 16474
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with our client Commercial Properties Limited (CPL) to recruit a Project Manager to join their team based in Saint John, New Brunswick.
Commercial Properties Limited (CPL) has been developing and managing properties in Eastern Canada for over fifty years. Our client offers high quality premises, great locations, and focus strongly on tenant service. CPL’s specialties include professional offices as well as industrial and retail real estate. They have completed several exciting projects over the recent past and feel they have made a difference in the communities they serve.
CPL is searching for a Project Manager to take the lead on maintenance-related repair and capital improvement projects on existing CPL buildings. This position will have responsibility for projects that may be completed through hiring a general contractor or, on smaller projects, managing sub trades directly. The position will ensure CPL is continuing to improve on energy efficiency, maintaining a high level of quality and performance as well as cost effectiveness. Being creative and looking for unique solutions for common problems, as well as knowledgeable and current with new systems and their performance/costs will be critical to the success of the position.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing projects from concept to completion;
- Managing contractors, consultants, and other stakeholders; developing strong client relationships; resolving issues or recommend resolutions
- Reporting regularly on project status in written and financial reports; establishing, co-ordinating and maintaining project documentation;
- Developing and managing project-specific budgets including acquiring pricing; ensuring appropriate approvals and required documentation and processes are in place before proceeding with work activities. Reviewing progress claims from contractors for compliance with agreements and recommend payments;
- Tendering, contract awards and contract management;
- Preparing budget and cost report tracking;
- Quantify design and scope changes;
- Ensuring that Safety is top priority on all projects with contractors, consultants, and stakeholders;
- Obtaining the required project approvals from relevant stakeholders (internal approval, zoning, heritage, etc.) including the review and interpretation of municipal by-laws;
- Identifying, obtaining and managing environmental approvals, permits or licenses, as appropriate to the project.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Engineering with 3-5+ years’ experience directly with construction projects of varying size and scope;
- Professional Engineer P.Eng, or Professional Technician P.Tech and/or Project Management Professional PMP Certification would be considered an asset;
- Broad base of knowledge in building codes and relevant legislation including Occupational Health & Safety Legislation would be considered an asset;
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Strong organizational skills, combined with the ability to effectively influence others and successfully resolve a variety of client, project and technical issues;
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office, MS Project, and MS PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Legislation.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and email@example.com or Kyle Armstrong, Recruitment Specialist at 709-383-1328 and firstname.lastname@example.org, or please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Kyle know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email