Headquartered in Dieppe, New Brunswick, the Irving Moncton Group of Companies has plants, terminals, operations and sales office throughout Canada and the United States. They are a dynamic, rapidly growing and successful group with diverse interests and are proud to be part of the larger Irving Group of Companies, a family-owned business whose commitment to quality products and services dates back 140 years.
We are excited to partner with them in search of an Internal Auditor to bring to their team in Dieppe.
Reporting to the Director, Internal Audit with the Corporate Audit team, the Internal Auditor will be responsible for performing and the planning and execution of compliance, financial, and operational audits and special projects. This individual regularly interacts with mid-to-senior level management to discuss and recommend improved business practices. They will be required to support projects from initiation to conclusion, ensuring that controls are adequate and will help develop and apply best in class practices.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the development of risk assessments and audit plans
- Monitor and test internal processes and compliance controls
- Manage and execute risk mitigation projects
- Prepare and present audit reports for review
- Develop and deploy value-added auditing tools within operating companies
- Work on multiple projects at any given point in time
- Continuously seek and identify key areas of opportunities
- Minimal travel required
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Professional accounting designation, or in process of completing.
- 3+ years of internal audit, public accounting or related business experience
- Post-secondary degree in accounting, business, or a four-year degree with sufficient courses in accounting and auditing
- Professional audit designation (CIA, CISA) considered an asset, or have willingness to pursue
- Clear and concise communication skills including in presentations and speaking to all levels
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Outgoing with strong interpersonal skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious professional to join a well-established organization! This opportunity will provide you with: a dynamic, safe and rewarding work environment; opportunities for growth and career advancement; a competitive overall compensation package and a hybrid work schedule. Connect with us for more details or apply now.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email