Legal Assistant, Estates And Trusts
Legal Assistant, Estates and Trusts
Our client, a prominent Canadian business law firm, is looking for a Legal Assistant, Estates & Trusts in Toronto. The ideal candidate should be someone who takes pride in their work, is detail oriented, reliable, highly organized and has the ability to handle multiple priorities. This is a good position for someone with a strong administrative background and has a keen interest in Wills, Estates and Trusts.
- With another assistant, review and finalize estate planning documents including Wills, Powers of Attorney, Trusts and reporting documentation
- Schedule virtual and in-person meetings directly with clients and other advisors and maintain schedule
- Attend as a second witness for execution of Wills and Powers of Attorney (virtual and in-person)
- Prepare estate briefs and reports in hard copy and electronic format
- Scan, file and e-file a large volume of documentation
- Prepare Affidavits of Execution for Wills
- Regular use of our specialized Wills and Trust databases and data management program
- Vault original Estate and Trust documents
- Handle details with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, conflict searches, engagement letters, docketing, and billing, etc.
- Daily administrative tasks
- Works independently and is professional
- Produce the highest quality of work
- Accountable for all work assigned
- Take initiative
- Minimum of 2 years’ legal experience, preferably in Wills & Estates
- Successful completion of a post-secondary Legal Assistant or Law Clerk program
- Ability to work as a team player and independently
- Courteous, client focused and professional attitude
- Handle time pressure and stress of multiple demands
- Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to problem solve
- Good judgement and decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills
Employment Equity Statement
Our client is committed to ensuring that all its employees feel valued, respected, and supported.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Devyn Kelly, Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647 480 1719. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Devyn know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are.
We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email