Director Of Operations
Director of Operations
Reference # HL-16359
The Nova Scotia Nature Trust was created to protect and conserve our province’s incredible natural legacy. They save outstanding natural areas through land conservation. They use a strategic, science-driven approach to identify and protect the most threatened, unique, and significant natural areas for nature and for future generations to enjoy. The Nature Trust stewards over 19,000 acres of land across Nova Scotia, and through their ambitious Twice the Wild campaign, aim to double their protected space for nature by 2025.
Now, given the growth of their organization, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Director of Operations to join their team of dedicated professionals.
Reporting to and working closely with the Executive Director, the Director of Operations is responsible for overseeing operations and administration, finance, human resources, policy and IT functions for the Nature Trust. The Director role is multi-faceted, serving as a member of the leadership team, manager of the operations team, support to the Executive Director, and playing a hands-on role in key operational functions.
Responsibilities will include the following core areas:
- Operations: Oversees and supports implementation of all day-to-day operations and administration
- Financial: In collaboration with the Executive Director, oversees financial planning, growth and management of the organization’s finances and assets, and ensuring healthy cash flow are maintained
- Human Resources: In collaboration with the leadership team, ensures the organization has the required staff and volunteer resources and expertise required to fulfil the organization’s mission, strategic priorities and ongoing operations. Directly manages the finance and operations team
- Policy and Planning: In collaboration with the leadership team, oversees creation, implementation, review, evaluation and alignment of strategic and operational plans and priorities
- Supports the Executive Director in providing governance and administrative support to the Board and Board committees and providing regular reports on organizational performance, strategy, risk, finance and human resources
- Supports the Executive Director in the leadership and management of the Nature Trust and reaching the organization’s strategic and operation plans and goals
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-secondary degree
- Experience in a senior management role (ideally in the not-for-profit sector)
- Strong organizational management experience, including oversight of human resources, finance, and operations
- Accounting experience and/or designation is considered an asset
- Proven team management skills, ability to motivate and engage employees
- Strong financial management skills
- Ability to create and implement strategic and operational plans
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional personal, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent detail-orientation and organization skills
- Strong collaboration, task delegation and prioritization skills
- Ability to work effectively with volunteer boards and committees
- Knowledge of governance and management best practices and the non-profit sector an asset
If you are an ambitious, proactive results-driven personality and have a passion and enthusiasm for the Nature Trusts’ mission with the requisite skills and experiences, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
The Nature Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email