Charlottetown, PEI/Remote in Atlantic Canada
Reference # HL-16358
Our client is a leading seafood platform, shipping millions of pounds of live, fresh, raw, and frozen seafood to nearly every corner of the world. On their behalf, we are excited to be recruiting for a Regional Controller to work remotely in Atlantic Canada and grow their brand.
Reporting to the company’s Group Controller, the Regional Controller will serve a leadership role in ensuring the completeness and accuracy of company financial statements in accordance with GAAP/IFRS and corporate standards.
Responsibilities will include:
- Compiling periodic and quarterly financial statements and schedules on an individual entity and consolidated basis within corporate deadlines
- Assisting in EOP closings
- Managing two accounting staffs based in the Canadian Maritimes who are responsible for accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general day-to-day accounting functions
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk
- Assisting with ERP software administration
- Operating as additional point of contact for corporate offices
- Reconciling all inter-company balances, within our client’s group and with corporate
- Other related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-secondary education with focus in Accounting/Business Administration or related field of study required
- Five years or more of related accounting and accounting management experience preferred
- CPA designation preferred; but not required
- Excellent management and supervisory skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in accounting and ERP software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
If you are a forward-thinking accounting professional looking to help grow our client’s brand in Atlantic Canada, connect with us for more details or apply now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Sara Morey know.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our client does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email