Accounts Payable Coordinator
Accounts Payable Coordinator
St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador
With an unwavering commitment to safety and continuous improvement, Horizon Maritime’s dedicated seafarers and staff have deep experience in the challenges of operating in the harsh environment of the North Atlantic and global waters.
The company is built on a foundation of trust and integrity, driven, and developed by energetic, hands-on professionals in a collaborative environment. All operations are supported by an unwavering commitment to health and safety. Horizon Maritime understands its customer and client needs and creates innovative solutions for lasting success. Horizon Maritime takes pride in its reputation as an Employer of Choice.
Now, we are pleased to partner with them to bring an Accounts Payable (AP) Coordinator to their St. John’s office. Reporting directly to the Controller, the AP Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the payables process for our client and its subsidiary companies. The AP Coordinator will manage and maintain the vendor AP ledger including the posting of invoices, maintenance of vendor records, disbursement of payments to all entities included on the ledger and resolution of any account irregularities. The AP Coordinator will initiate the processing of payments by ensuring that invoices are supported by approved purchase orders, direct authorization, travel expense claims or other suitable documents as required by the company’s procurement policies. The position requires professional interaction with all vendors and stakeholders to manage payment expectations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Payables cycle including coding across both the financial and operational systems
- Comparing invoice to approved purchase orders for consistency and ensuring invoices are routed for secondary approvals when necessary in accordance with policy
- Liaising with operations team to determine causes for discrepancies between invoices and purchase orders, and determining appropriate resolution
- Manage aged accounts payable ledger and determine which vendors to pay on each payment run based on appropriate prioritization criteria
- Maintenance of vendor master information and ensuring consistency between purchasing and accounting systems.
- Preparation of payment run package for EFTs, cheques, wires, etc, including ensuring the supporting invoices are properly approved.
- Assist with establishing and monitoring internal controls, particularly procurement controls, to ensure that activities are in accordance with established legal, regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Posting expense claims and maintaining employee records in Expensify to ensure that approved claims are paid as soon as practical.
- Assist in the preparation of the month end accruals journals and prepare support documentation for accounts payable and expenses portions of the year-end audit as requested by external auditors. Other related duties and required or assigned.
- Other related tasks as assigned by supervisor
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum 2-5 years of direct experience in an AP capacity; experience and knowledge of all payables processes and financial management required.
- Accounting diploma or relevant training from a recognized post secondary institution.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Experience in gathering data, compiling information and preparing financial reports. Able to perform moderate to complex account reconciliations.
- Proficient and professional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are vital to the role. Ability to deal with conflict and remain calm and professional under pressure.
- Good project management skills and the ability to produce quality work within tight timeframes.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel. Proficiency with accounting and purchasing software/applications required.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, problem solving, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Good moral judgement, discretion and confidentiality for handling sensitive information and monetary transactions.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Experience assisting with audits performed by external audit firms would be an asset. Attention to detail in all areas of work and a high degree of data entry accuracy. Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
If you are an accounting professional looking to join a talented team, reach out to us for more information or apply now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email