Senior Corporate Law Clerk
Senior Corporate Law Clerk
Reference # AC- 16333
Our client is a dynamic, downtown Ottawa law firm, is currently looking for Senior Corporate Law Clerk to join their firm. They pride themselves on having a collaborative, collegial, creative team, and simply love the law. They are looking to expand their team! They would like to hire an Experienced Law clerk to join their corporate team. They serve a wide variety of clients, from individuals to international corporations.
- Corporate / Commercial Law Specialization (large to medium size corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, deals): Document drafting such as Articles of Incorporation/Amendment/Amalgamation, corporate resolutions and registers, purchase agreements, and related documentation
- Experience with professional corporations, and not-for-profit organizations would be a strong asset
- Minute book maintenance and updating (example, extra provincial registrations, business name registrations, change of officer / director / head office)
- Minimum 5 years of work experience as a Law Clerk or Paralegal in the specialized area of Corporate law
- Completion of a law clerk program or diploma
- Very strong technical skills using: Microsoft Office, Document Management software, PC Law and/or Soluno, docketing, billing time
- Working knowledge of Fast Company
- Ability to work closely, and in collaboration with lawyers, other clerks, and staff
- Able to work and reason independently on client files
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact directly and diplomatically with counsel and other legal professionals outside of the firm, as well as with our clients
- Providing service to several people or departments, working under many simultaneous deadlines
- Superior organization and attention to detail to effectively manage accurate files
- Handle all administrative duties such as email and calendars, coordinating meetings, filing registrations at the ministry, processing incoming and outgoing correspondence and process accounts, corresponding with clients and external professionals, drafting legal documents / agreements
- Initiating the organization of, and manage client files or parts of files – this will including managing the document management system
- Other duties as required
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-336-1416 or Gauri Mohgaonkar, Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 613-266-8242. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Gauri Mohgaonkar know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email