Reference # AC -16332
Our Client is a dynamic, downtown Ottawa law firm is currently looking for a Accounting Clerk to join their firm. They pride themselves on having a collaborative, collegial, creative team, and simply love the law. They serve a wide variety of clients, from individuals to international corporations.
Role Description -
The Accounting Clerk is primarily responsible for general accounting procedures including but not limited to trust accounting, accounts receivable, billings and client file management.
- Preparation of bank deposits, wire transfers, EFT and credit card payments
- Posting and reconciling daily deposits
- Trust account transactions, administered in accordance with the Law Society Rules and Regulations (i.e., deposits, posting, issuance of cheques, etc.)
- Administer client trust investments
- Assist with other projects as required
Your Requirements -
- Completed post-secondary education in accounting or a related field
- Minimum one year of financial clerical experience including various reconciliations
- Familiarity with financial software, for example Simply Accounting
- Proficient with MS Excel
- Detail-oriented with a high accuracy rate
- Outstanding client service
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with various levels of staff
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and to respond effectively and professionally to changes in schedules and priorities
- A positive, supportive and professional attitude
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-336-1416 or Gauri Mohgaonkar, Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 613-266-8242. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Gauri Mohgaonkar know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email