Legal Administrative Assistant - Business Law
Legal Administrative Assistant- Business Law
Reference # - AC-16317
Our client, one of Canada’s top 10 Corporate Law Boutique Firms, is currently looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant - Business Law. The successful candidate for this position will join Ottawa team.
- Assisting in the preparation and editing of legal documents.
- Entering time dockets.
- Assisting lawyers in managing unbilled time and disbursements and trust balances.
- Creating invoices, and billing under the direction of the lawyers.
- Using initiative and organization to support the lawyers’ practice and assisting them in maximizing their client related activities.
- Other miscellaneous tasks as requested by lawyers and/or Director, Finance and Administration.
- This position will also be assigned general office duties such as filling in at reception and assisting with a variety of office administrative tasks on an as-needed basis to fill in for staff
absences or other leave situations.
- The Legal Administrative Assistant is responsible for working as a team with other assistants and law clerks in order to assist the lawyers with a variety of administrative and client service tasks.
- Candidates should have experience providing administrative services to more than one person in a multi-office environment.
- This position would be ideal for someone who enjoys working in a rewarding, fast paced environment where there is an opportunity to work as part of a team of administrative staff.
- The candidate must be proactive, team oriented, able to demonstrate good time management skill in working with multiple lawyers.
- The candidate must also be very comfortable using computer-based applications as well as learning new applications. Must have experience using PC Law or other Legal Accounting software.
- A Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma or a university degree in a related field, along with 3 to 5 years working experience in a law firm environment is desirable.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-336-1416 or Gauri Mohgaonkar, Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or 613-266-8242. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Gauri Mohgaonkar know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email