Technology Transaction Lawyer
Technology Transaction Lawyer
Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver
Reference # - AC- 16315
Our client, one of Canada’s top 10 Corporate Law Boutique Firms, is currently looking for a Technology Transaction Lawyer. The successful candidate for this position will work as part of a team of Lawyers responsible for counselling the firm’s clients on various matters related to technology law.
In this position, you will work as part of a team of lawyers responsible for counselling the firm’s clients on various matters related to technology law and with a focus on supporting the firm’s core mergers and acquisitions practice by providing technology and intellectual property support for M&A transactions, including the conduct of due diligence, the review and negotiation of representations and warranties in respect to technology and intellectual property matters and the provision of advice to clients on the same.
- You will also advise our clients on matters related to the commercialization of intellectual property and technology products and services, including the drafting and negotiation of license agreements (eg. enterprise and end user licenses for distributed software, licensing under SaaS, HaaS and PaaS models); distribution agreements for technology-based products (including hardware, software and combined hardware and software products); in-bound and out-bound intellectual property licenses (including patent, trade secret and trade mark licenses; intragroup agreements) and assignment agreements.
- You will also be expected to provide clients with legal support for online and social media businesses, including the provision of advice in respect to privacy and other compliance-related matters.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 4-5 years of experience working in the area of Technology and Intellectual Property Law with significant experience in M&A and complex commercial contracting. Knowledge of and experience advising on data protection/privacy compliance is an asset.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- A member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario (for a position in our Ottawa or Toronto offices) or with the Law Society of British Columbia (for a position in our Vancouver office)
- Strong written and oral communication in English
- Exceptional client service skills
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Partner at email@example.com or 647-336-1416 or Gauri Mohgaonkar, Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-266-8242. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Gauri Mohgaonkar know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email