Reference # HL-16231
Formed in 2016 as an independent not-for-profit company, Vestcor Inc. is an integrated investment management, pension and benefits administration organization that is jointly owned by the New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan and the New Brunswick Teachers’ Pension Plan. Located in Fredericton, NB, they are the largest investment manager in Atlantic Canada providing global investment management services to ten different client groups representing approximately $21.0 billion in assets under management. They also provide administration services to eleven pension plans and four employee benefits plans.
Now, we have partnered with Vestcor Inc. in the recruitment of an Investment Accountant to join their team. Reporting to the Manager Fund Accounting, the Investment Accountant is part of a team that has the overall responsibility for the recording and safekeeping of investments managed by Vestcor. The Investment Accountant will be primarily responsible for data stewardship within the fund accounting area. As a function of this stewardship, the Investment Accountant is responsible for contributing to the accurate and timely processing of corporate actions and swaps and assisting in the accurate recording of transactions in our portfolio management system.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform data stewardship function for investment transactions.
- Prepare and respond to queries regarding the daily asset mix report.
- Perform daily pricing and processing of swap entries.
- Perform daily processing of corporate actions.
- Monitor and prepare reports on all collateral pledged.
- Review daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations of cash and securities to ensure accurate recording in both the portfolio and order management systems.
- Assist with the timely follow-up and clearing of reconciling differences, including communicating with broker / custodian counterparties.
- Provide user support for the portfolio management system.
- Perform analysis as necessary to reconcile reported transactions, holdings and investment performance with portfolio manager records.
- Entry of Private Market value updates and distribution/calls.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA) and good fundamental knowledge of Canadian GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Canadian Securities Course is an asset.
- Experience in the investment industry is desirable.
- Experience and knowledge of SS&C’s Pacer portfolio management system is an asset.
- Team player, excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills and strong user of computer applications.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills as well as good general management skills.
If you are an accounting professional looking to join a leading organization in their industry, this is a great opportunity! Connect with us for more details or apply now.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email