Saint John, NB
Reference # HL-16225
Ocean Capital Holdings Limited is a privately held company located in Saint John, NB with interests across a number of business lines, including broadcasting, real estate, construction, industrial distribution and service. Our purpose is to have winning businesses and great people, all contributing to better communities. They unlock the potential of their businesses through imagination and a passion for winning, and they celebrate the uniqueness in each person. Their focus is on excellence and accomplishments.
Now, we are thrilled to partner with Ocean Capital in search of a Senior Accountant to join their team in their Saint John office. This position reports to the Manager, Accounting and will provide a broad range of services and support to Ocean Capital Holdings Limited (OCHL) and related companies. The individual may be looking to broaden their skill sets in the world of financial accounting within a fast paced and collaborative environment. The successful candidate will join an experienced team of senior finance and accounting professionals.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare monthly financial statements and schedules, including journal entries, reconciliations and variance analysis for multiple companies.
- Prepare annual budgets and schedules including management reporting.
- Assist in creation of annual management and shareholder reporting.
- Day to day transactional processing as well as cash forecasting.
- Support and engage with audit processes – internal and external.
- Assist with the development and implementation of formalized accounting and reporting policies and standards.
- Assist in identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives impacting accounting and reporting.
- Other related tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3-5 years’ experience in an accounting role
- Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation
- Proficiency with MS office tools
- Effective communication skills
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Reliable self starter with ability to work independently
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Understand and appreciate the need for confidentiality
If you are an experienced accounting professional looking for a great opportunity to work with a diverse group of companies, we want to hear from you! Connect with us to learn more or apply now.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at email@example.com. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email