Manager Of Accounting
Manager of Accounting
Reference # HL-16219
Fossil Power Systems (FPS) is a dynamic and unique company with a proven track record of meeting customer needs locally and internationally. They consistently deliver customized products for steam power generation. FPS is a subsidiary of Babcock & Wilcox. Since 2010, FPS has helped power producers complete a total of 52 natural gas conversions on boilers in North America, 21 “coal to gas” and 31 “oil to gas”. This has resulted in an annual reduction of CO2 emissions of more than 13 million tons; this is the equivalent to the emissions produced by 2.5 million vehicles annually.
We are pleased to be partnering with them in the search of a Manager of Accounting to join their team in Dartmouth. Reporting to the Vice President, Accounting & Finance, this is a collaborative role that works as part of the FPS management team. The Manager of Accounting is responsible to support the Company’s Financial Planning process on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual timeframe.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare monthly and quarterly forecasting including detailed sales projections
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly cash flow projections
- Perform accounting in SYSPRO ERP system
- Prepare monthly financial statements including detailed analysis
- Update and improve financial models to help run the business
- Work with department leads to update FPS’ reporting and financial forecasts
- Lead process improvement projects as opportunities are identified
- Analyzing projects costs, product margins, sales trends, and more
- Other related tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
- CPA designation or equivalent experience
- A good understanding of management accounting and financial management
- Ability to work with others to meet deadlines
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to develop their corporate financial management skillset. If this sounds like you, connect with us for more details or apply now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email