Litigation Legal Assistant
Litigation Legal Assistant
Reference # - AC 16214
Meridia Recruitment Solutions have partnered with one of the premier independent Ottawa law firms with an international reputation. Their commitment to client focus and their exceptional team has helped them become one of Canada's National Capital Region's largest independent law firms with an international reputation as an industry leader. They are looking to add a Legal assistant to their Litigation team.
The Legal Assistant provides administrative support within a professional legal environment. The Legal Assistant is responsible for coordinating a variety of administrative procedures to ensure a high standard of quality and client service.
- Preparation of correspondence and legal documentation including extensive formatting, editing and quality assurance
- Preparation of pleadings to be filed with various courts
- Coordinate external and internal communication including mail, e-mail, fax and telephone calls
- Address client inquiries as required
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with clients and various components of the legal system
- Maintain client files
- Daily preparation of dockets
- Preparation of accounts
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, conference calls and maintain agenda
- Assist with other projects and support other departments as required
- Completed post-Secondary education in Office Administration – Legal, or Law Clerk diploma from a recognized post-secondary institute or suitable combination of education and litigation related experience
- Minimum two years of law office experience in litigation
- Good knowledge of Rules of Civil Procedure
- Strong working knowledge of PC desktop tools such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, e-mail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional presentation
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize job tasks in order to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to respond effectively and professionally to changes in schedules and priorities
- Ability to ensure consistent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
- Ability to exercise discretion when dealing with sensitive information
- A positive, supportive and professional attitude
To express interest in this opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For more information, please contact Adam Creaghan, Partner at email@example.com or 647-336-1416 or Gauri Mohgaonkar, Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-266-8242. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Gauri Mohgaonkar know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice, we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email